Transatlantic Jeans Project for Two

Here is almost the rest of Florida. I was typing the last post of mine from Gainesville, FL, on the street stealing wireless.

7060879_6197b7a749.jpg?r=90

We ended up in Cedar Key, FL, on the top left coast. We camped out and had a nice lil campfire and chilled out next to the gulf.

7060880_799453f675.jpg?r=90

There's all kinds of wildlife refuges in Florida that I had never visited. There was tons of birds that I had never seen before in my life, but I liked those fuzzy looking pelicans the best. (not pictured)

7060881_a1966cecb4.jpg

Then I got really tired, so I had to sit down in about every bench I could find that day. It was tiresome with the hot sun making you tired later in the day. You feel me?

7060883_215ed7d6c4.jpg

7060885_bd5c8fd829.jpg

7060888_2af0596c0d.jpg

This pier was in Dekle Beach, FL. It's a private community that random people are not welcomed at all within. I'd highly recommend going there and disturbing the zero people in this coastal ghost town. Break the law and get out on this pier. It is seriously like 300 meters past the coast.

7060891_a235ee34ef.jpg

And the sun set over the beautiful birds of Cedar Keys.

7060890_z961322783.jpg?r=90

Looks like a great continuation/conclusion of your trip. Mild cases of breaking the law in denim are very cool....very much in the spirit of rebellion that jeans have long lost!

I never get these closed communities in the first place.

Will these babies ever show any signs of fade? I'm not asking for a destroyed look here, don't get me wrong, but a trace here or there would be great!

So I did finally leave Florida and I'm been slacking on the updates. Here is the real rest of Florida!

Like Edmond, I found a young goat to get pictured with! This goat is only one day old!

7098596_d8a703c96b.jpg?r=90

A Columbian wolf. Supposedly, they behave very similar to dogs. You just can't slap them or yell at them or get the wrath of the wolfattack.

7098595_b3058fe613.jpg

I rode a horse for the first time ever. I'm a novice equestrian, now! Chief was a good horse.

7098594_16974226be.jpg?r=90

More sitting.

7098593_b16e069921.jpg

So you're just wandering the forest and you come by a pond to relax around. You find WILD ALLIGATORS doing the same thing in Florida. Watch out, they're everywhere! :)

7098592_0b6e710721.jpg

And some final Florida pictures. Pam trees, green grass, the hot sun that makes you tired later in the day. I miss it.

7098591_f41ac8721c.jpg?r=90

7098589_90043f1c8c.jpg

And my sweetie (shown without her permission! She'll see this.)

7098588_bbf5ebb1ca.jpg

a florida adventure! i wonder if you passed through my town -- palm bay. even if you had, you certainly wouldn't have stopped here. it doesn't get much boring than this!

• 3 weeks later...

nice stuff 386

just a thought: after a year, instead of deciding who keeps them, why not just keep the project going as long as you can (or until one of you gets fed up)

unless one of you gets too fat for the jeans...

Well, *clearing my throat*, my jeans size hasn't changed much in years, and I do make an effort (watching what I eat and going running...) to keep it that way!

• 2 weeks later...

some SERIOUS exposure of your sausage there, but the development is nice...

but gosh, hide that tool away...

So the jeans have crossed the Atlantic for the first time and arrived in Berlin in the guise of an unconspicuous parcel, that spent its first night here at a neighbor who accepted it in my innocent absence (386 had sent them without telling me...)

24wzqwz.jpg

German customs had inspected it, and I can only wonder what they made of the intensively foil wrapped item that 386 had made of the worn jeans:

73164p.jpg

This is the first look I got at them, lying on my, yes I know, unmade, bed

68g112.jpg

33aqlu8.jpg

And of course I could not wait to put them on...Note: what the garage is for 386, the stairhouse is for me...

taodoz.jpg

263xxfo.jpg

I absolutely love the look and feel of them, and I think 386 has done wonders to them, one can see the first shine of a real patina on the thighs, apart from all the really impressive fading.

They got to see some of Berlin already, they rode all the kinds of public transportation we have to offer, except ferries, -bus, subway, railway- and I showed them a part of the city I went to for the first time myself. I reckon they like it here...

And somebody please tell me what size I should use (I'm a total novice at posting pics, in case you didn't notice)...this is ridiculous, but I tried "for internet forums" and got it that large, and now I tried "standard" and it's still so damn large, and I absolutely refuse to do this all over again, it takes ages. But I will attempt improvement with the next pic-posting, provided somebody puts me wise.