Buying jeans for my girlfriend

gqb0y

Hey everybody I'm new here. Long time lurker first time poster. Anyways, I'm planning to buy a pair of premium jeans for my girlfriend and I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions or any links to anything discussing denim for girls. I know this site is mainly for men but I've been looking around other forums and haven't found as much resources for women as for men.

minya-I"m just asking for some suggestions. I probably will have her try it on before buying it. I don't want to get her the wrong size obviously.

DJ Flame-thanks I saw the replies and it seems like Rock and Republic are the jeans of choice there. I'll see how it looks on my girlfriend this weekend.

frideswide-My girlfriend isn't a whore so I don't give her money.

Well, honestly, I think girls' clothing is, in many ways, a very different ball game from mens' clothing. Mens clothing, and its desirability is based on exclusivity and construction quality; for instance, many people here greatly value Sugarcane jeans because they are extremely well-made and are faithful to the 1947 501 cut.

Girls clothing is also based on exclusivity but construction isn't as great of a factor. It's more what makes her ass look good. Which is why I suggest she tries things on first.

^^

lmao

so true........what makes her ass look good.

i told her to get some dry jeans, and she insist on getting some 2XX PDC washed jeans.

she said they make her ass looks fuller or some shit..............

meh whatever!

i stay away from clothes, i buy her accessories or toys (electronics)

Edited by tm on Jan 9, 2006 at 10:21 PM

Quote:

minya-I"m just asking for some suggestions. I probably will have her try it on before buying it. I don't want to get her the wrong size obviously.

DJ Flame-thanks I saw the replies and it seems like Rock and Republic are the jeans of choice there. I'll see how it looks on my girlfriend this weekend.

frideswide-My girlfriend isn't a whore so I don't give her money.

--- Original message by gqb0y on Jan 9, 2006 09:19 PM

LOL --- I'll remember that the next time my wife asks me for some...

There are "fit guides" online that show how different denim cuts and pocket shapes/sizes change things a lot. There is a pretty good one at www.activeendeavors.com. They have excellent descriptions.

I would advise that your girl try them all on and you can figure out exactly what works for her. I have made a checklist for buying jeans for my girl:

1) Big pockets

2) Slightly lower pockets, with an inward slant as opposed to outward

3) Pockets more towards center of each cheek

4) Medium rise

5) Straight leg, peg leg or very subtle bootcut

I ended up getting these for her based off a lot of research (pretty fun research, that is)

http://www.mycatwalk.com.au/pages/denim-birds-jeans_4.html

This, combined with various pictures from websites has made buying jeans for my gf a pretty successful endeavor.