Adam Kimmel Fall 2009

Sayword

Took a page out of Yohjis book with the models.

Adam kimmel usually uses older models. Not a yohji exclusive.

I thought i heard rumors of adam kimmel going under? I guess not. I like that john lennon suit look 2nd from the bottom. Normally i'm not a huge fan of kimmel stuff but i can see this going over well with a certain crowd, like the workwear/denim guys.

it's always a mystery to me why kimmel's name doesn't get around on superfuture as much as the other american designers

the styling and the models aren't the norm as far as runway, but the pieces themselves are very nice individually

and you're looking at fabric and construction similar to junya and visvim, so i'm not too surprised at the price points

just wait for that shit to go on sale, RECESSION STATUS

it's always a mystery to me why kimmel's name doesn't get around on superfuture as much as the other american designers

the styling and the models aren't the norm as far as runway, but the pieces themselves are very nice individually

and you're looking at fabric and construction similar to junya and visvim, so i'm not too surprised at the price points

I think there's just something that feels a little off about paying upper-level designer prices for workwear-inspired clothes (which are traditionally affordable).

Sure labels like Engineered Garments / WWM / RRL etc have pushed those boundaries, but even their pricepoints are generally under Kimmel's (from what I've seen). Kimmel's looks just ain't that exciting to justify the difference (better quality or not).

His clothes aren't meant to be based on workwear. They're inspired from different artists and what they wore in their own era.

Also, the models are his fellow artist friends.

I'm not saying that's all his clothes are about, but dude, there's several looks in there that have an unmistakable workwear aesthetic. No question about it. And to think Kimmel is oblivious to that trend's current popularity is naive.