Juun.J F/W 2009

apollo

that's my whole gripe with Juun... I think he makes good clothes, he's had some good pieces... but the hype is sooo gelleresque or possibly even worse. even Juun's nicest stuff has, like said, been done before. he isn't a visionary imo

that's my whole gripe with Juun... I think he makes good clothes, he's had some good pieces... but the hype is sooo gelleresque or possibly even worse. even Juun's nicest stuff has, like said, been done before. he isn't a visionary imo

99% of his stuff has been done before, but his best pieces are executed better than those which he borrows from, and are some of the best I've seen/owned.

The hype is only Gellaresque because you them both on Sufu. In reality they're nothing alike, Juun J's clothes are absolutely top notch in terms of details and construction, and they have a distinct cut to them which you probably wouldn't notice unless you've at least tried on a few of his pieces. I could be wrong in assuming that you haven't, though. ;)

Either way I agree that this collection was disappointing, but it's about what I expected, personally. Maybe after it sets in and I see the stuff showing up in stores I'll change my mind about it but right now it's lukewarm.

I think that's what I appreciated in terms of what I handled / the "hype" season - it was sort of a legitimate mix of serious "luxury" with a twist and a wink of "avant garde." I like all the fur that's showing up these days still. If I'm paying a thousand fucking dollars for a jacket you're damn straight it better have a big-ass fur collar and be lined with leather and sparkle in the light on sundays. I'm a little tired of getting "well, the design is cool" and nothing more out of mens high fashion.

• 3 weeks later...
tallest models EVER

i rel like this collection, that green biker jacket is suite

It looks a lot better as a whole collection than just those few pictures on the first page.

More of the same (capes, half&halfs, big knits) but always interesting materials

as wild_whiskey points out, though yes you can see influence from juun.j's peers in his collection, the truth is, he often does it better.

cutting, fabrics and construction are well on the point.

some great pieces in the collection, i was quite suprised with the oversizing and bowl cuts though ;)