Greatest Denim Quality Japanese Brand

EspritbleU

Hi, I'm reading what's going on here since approximately one month and I really like it, I'm learning a lot. I observed that we're talking very much about the japanese brands because of it's incredible quality.

Would like to know your opinion about, which japanese brand is using the best denim, the one that seems to be the purest.

Thanx

The only Japanese brand that pops out when I thnk of good quality is Evisu, but they're fucking expensive. Most are selvedged. Avoid the European line of Evisu though, its complete shit compered to the Heritage line. You cal always buy other brands that aren't Japanese but use Japanese denim such as PD&C, Nudies I believe, and some Diesel.

Coldplay in March!

I'm more thinking about all the brands that are making the levi's and lee replica. I obviously know about all other brand that are using japanese denim and it's not really what i'm talking about. I'm more thinking about things like: Edwin, FlatHead, Eternal, Denime, FullCount, Kapital, Samurai, Studio Dartisan, SugarCane, WareHouse...

I don't know which should I favor.

The denim quality is my number one factor.

Actually, I really like 45rpm even if I've never seen any and I will buy a pair someday it's obvious, but I would put it in another cluster because they have their own style.

The fact is that all the brand I mentioned above looks very similar, so I would like to know which of these is the best buy.

the fit is more or less the same on some models, but there are many classic 501s. The 501 from 1947 or from 1966 will be a lot different from that of 1955. on top of that, some models are altered to be just a little more modern, having a bootcut and/or a lower waist. (1947 and 66 are slim, while the others are probably looser fitting.)

well if you're looking for classic levi's, go for Edwin, I just recently bought a pair from their red label, and I totally love em. Go for Edwins for that classic Levi's look with an extra Umph to their jeans. Go for PRPS for their unique color fading. I personally don't think Evisu isn't worth or great as PRPS and Edwin.

Oh, man, 45RPM. Sweet fucking Jesus, I can't think about it. That brand rocks. I visited their Soho store and I was salivating. I was all like, "What bill can I not pay this month so that I can buy something NOW?" Go to their shop and you will want everything. Oh, man, their shirts. Their pants. I'm dying here. Did someone say expensive? You beter believe it!

I don't but really want some. You could always pm djrajio if you want some, it'll probably end up cheaper than History Preservation especially since he could undervalue them for you to avoid customs fees. Dunno if History Preservation would do that.

I really, really, really recommend the Eternals though... perfect slim fitting straight leg jean.

I don't think you can pin down "the best denim" from one company. 45 RPM is said to have the best because they have the most control over the denim creation process.

With all the different weights, right/left hand twill, natural indigo v. synthethic, looms etc, plus all the little details ... it all comes down to personal preference.

I've got two pairs of left hand twill 17 oz jeans from Japan and they're just different. Sometimes I like the stubbley denim of my Samurais and in others I like the tight weave on my Studio D'artisans.

I have owned and tired on two pairs of denimes - nice slubby denim.

Sugarcanes i have seen but not tried on - also good.

The most slubby ringring denim i own is probably some japanese levi red loops that are really rough.

Beams from japan i own are also nice.

Edwin japan i had were nice but smooth and close rather than slubby.

Im sure towards the top its much of a muchness - denime, canes, studio d'artisan, samurai, warehouse etc (i want my next jeans as warehouse 50s duckdiggers!)

I have some Dry Bones, Samurai, Yen, and Iron Heart.

All excellent, all somewhat different -- very hard to rate one more highly than the other in terms of denim quality. Just comes down to what you like (weight, slubbiness, colour, stitching), and the cut of course.

Warehouse, FullCount, StudioD'A, are all great too, although I don't own any, I have handled them and they look quality.

warehouse duckdiggers are awesome, real slubby, puts evisu, lvc, apc or nudies to shame. as ringring once told me, they hardly crock. i find that denime produces slubby denim too. the heavier samurai are tough as hell as well, eg. 5000vx, 0110xj, 3000vx. iron heart wasnt as good as i had expected. sugarcanes hawaii and edo ai have rich, beautiful colors. i think bs united also produces slubby denim. i'm currently waiting for my artisan 21 oz to see how they look like in flesh.

Quote:

When you go for your Denime's, Minya, how will you make your purchase, over the net, or do you have an overseas contact? Where are you located? See, I'm feeling the need to own a pair myself...

--- Original message by Edge_Of_Denim on Jan 6, 2006 06:34 AM

Send a PM on this forum to djrajio. He can help you out. He lives in Japan and will get anything you want from Japan, for a small fee (definitely cheaper than other comparable services, i.e. bidservice.co.jp). That's how I got my Eternal 811s.