SuperFishKeeping

Casper

Anyone here into fish keeping or just like fish? Got fish tanks, outdoor, indoor ponds etc. ? Just thought I'd start a thread just to see if we had any aquatic pet lovers here. Feel free to post your tank/pond setups or just talk shop about fish keeping. I posted this in Super Culture because fish keeping is a huge global culture in its own, and yes it's even cooler in Japan :cool: .

Here's one of mine:

72G Bow front, severely overstocked at the moment since I got rid of 2 other tanks. Its running an Eheim Proffesional filter and a AC110 HOB. It's got an arowana and some SA/CA cichlids

2nb6rs9.jpg

^^^

Everything looks pretty healthy, but a little crowded/busy in my opinion.

I worked in an aquarium store on and off for 3 years when I was in college and have kept marine, reef, all manner of cichlids, piranhas, and some non-aggressive fresh water as well. No digi cam in those days, so I dont have pix, but my reef tank was so fucking nice....

Man I miss being able to just stare at thing.

BTW, anyone been to Steinhart since it reopened?

I tried to go when I was home for winter vacation, but the shit was sold out with a line that stretched for like 3/4 blocks.

Woh that thing is packed, I almost couldn't even see the power heads 'cause they blend in with the coral so nicely. Any fish in there? You could definitely fit 2-3 fish in there clown, flame angel, or other small fish in there.

Chrome - Steinhart is that serious? The aquariums in Malaysia have these insanely big 'pimas I wanna check out next time I'm there.

Chrome - Steinhart is that serious? The aquariums in Malaysia have these insanely big 'pimas I wanna check out next time I'm there.

Haha, it is, but only temporarily as the old aquarium was completely leveled to the ground and a new one built (the tanks were REALLY basic concrete vats, and their system was pretty old from a technology standpoint), but it was one of the older aquariums in the country I think. Anyway, with the holidays over and things back to normal I think that getting in wouldnt be a problem.

Also, you ever been to the Osaka aquarium? There is a Amazon tank with Arawanas, Pimas, red tail cats, etc.

Also,

Any recs on good shops in Japan for saltwater/reef?

I have no space to set up a tank here, but I always love to go check out the fish/corals.