DENIM vs. Sugarcane

singlet2

Hi-First time here. I saw a pair of 501 type jeans that had a silver waistband button that read DENIM JEANS. Is this brand called DENIM and does anyone know how it compares to the Sugarcane 1947's-denim quality, fit etc. The jeans looked great, not sure if they were distressed or just worn down. And if you know, where does one get this DENIM brand.

Denime most likely has the better quality. I have never owned a pair, but they are quite expensive compared to the cane 47s. The canes are nice jeans though and at a very reasonable price. $179 with shipping from historypreservation.com

Ditto. Would love to grab a pair of Denime. I think they'd suit my preference for a more trad/conservative denim cut. I have 'Canes '47, and they are great, really super denim. But is it true that Denime isn't available in the States? Barney's? Steve Alan? Famous Friends? Damn, too bad. They look like a really solid item.

Quote:

Ive got some denimes in the superstore section - check em, just selling for cost.

--- Original message by docdoom on Jan 5, 2006 05:16 AM

Hi-New here-How do I get to the superstore.? I am a size 32 in the lvc 1947's. That is what I am looking to match. Thanks

Berget, I've checked out that Rakauten website. But I'll tell you, I am very resistant to placing an order to a Japanese distrib, for the obvious reasons. I'm in NY. I mean too much can go really wrong. At least with those folks at History Preservation, if something doesn't work out making an exchange is an easier matter. But even that situation is far from ideal. Dammit, you gotta be able to try on denim. You just do. Anyway, some distrib has just got to pick up the Denime line at some point, right?

or you can go to Japan and try them on or you can buy them online... their measurements are very precise though, if you're buying one wash just compare the size measuring a pair that fits you perfect or if you're buying unwashed unsanforized you check the size after shrinkage and they will probably leave some room for sizing errors, stretching and shrinking. in the worst case, you can sell them here to someone and buy another.

Geowu, I want ot understand you correctly- are you saying that I could take my pair of Rickson's, or 'Canes, which were bought "one-washed", measure them as they are now and go with that? Would I be very worng if I were to go with the assumption that the Japanese template for sizing denim is roughly the same? I'm referring to the 501-type styles only. Rickson's and 'Canes are not terribly different, but what about Rickson/Canes compared to Denime??

BTW, have you folks seen the Sugarcane website? Wow! check out their jackets. Those jackets are to kill for. I phoned the guy at Hist. Pres. and asked if they were gonna get any and was told "No". He said some kind of deal or other is being worked on to get these things on some shelves here in the US. Then maybe.

If your Ricksons or Canes are fully shrunk, and you measure them, you can compare it with the measurements given by the Japanese stores of their jeans, and then pick the right size according to those measurements, checking to see whether they correspond to the jeans in their shrunk state.