so there is a reason for high priced denim...

nairb49

just posting the obvious.

decided to grab a pair of cheap mondays as an experiment. they're not sanforized so I bought a 32 when i normally wear a 30.

they arrived, and are huge around the waist, i must have read the measurements wrong, i guess they're supposed to be 32 AFTER shrinkage.

anyways, I just put them in for a soak, and I could literally see clouds of colour coming off, like when you drop food colouring into a glass of water, looked like that.

compared to my RRDS when i soaked, which just turned the water some weird rust colour and kept their colour.

I obviously assumed that there would be a difference in quality, never thought it would be THIS drastic though!

nairb49

yup, you're better off washing them cold or never washing them at all. I don't think you'd need to wash them even once as long as you dont spill on them, though.¨

they might not be sanforized , but they ARE pre-shrunk, you shouldn't buy them too big but rather slightly small.

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Jan 3, 2006 at 08:47 AM

so, i got them out of the dryer

they didn't turn out as bad as i thought. colour is still decent, though noticeably lighter.

this was basically an experiment, i wanted to soak, then hot dry to see how much jeans would shrink.

they were probably 4 inches too big for me presoak, and are now about an inch too big.

other than that, i'd have to say that all things considered, price and all, that its a great cut, quality is half-decent so far, and would be a nice dior replica if you can't afford dior.

nairb49

I wore my black black ones yesterday in the rain. I didn't notice any dye bleeding into my sneakers, but I also am not planning to wash them anytime in the next few months. The knee area fades fast. I got CM's not for the quality but for the fit. After wearing this, all other skinny jeans feel so baggy.

yeah, unfortunately i didn't have to foresight to take a pre-wash picture,

but here is one after

cheapmonday0038si.jpg

they used to be a deeper black, now they're kind of a dark grey, and you can start to see the striations in the denim.

altogether, not THAT much colour loss, the main difference is in how they feel. they were really stiff, and relatively smooth before, and now they're very rough, as if tons of little pills came up.

also, after the soak, they were covered in some kind of slippery substance. I assume it was starch, but it was a bit thinner than what starch normally feels like.

will post pics after i've treated them to my liking

oh, and i made sure to run the shower IMMEDIATELY after i took them out of the soak, so my bathtub is nice and white again

nairb49icon_smile.gif

Edited by nairb49 on Jan 4, 2006 at 08:42 AM

yeah, really weird.

i didn't notice any pilling at all on my rrds, just a loss of stiffness due to the starch dissolving.

kixslf, i put em on just for you baby.

cheapmonday0042be.jpg

cheapmonday0053pe.jpg

cheapmonday0062fa.jpg

sorry about the crap quality, there's no light at my mirror.

keep in mind, these are probably about a size too big for me at the waist.

nairb49