Anyone know of a good peacoat?

theory

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got back from shopping aand found this slim fitting peacoat at Rugby Ralph Lauren...ive been on the lookout for a nice slim fitting peacoat but have been unsuccesful til today. im in love with these now.

DSC_0039.JPG

Really nice coat man...how much was it?...what size did you buy and what are your measurements? Thanks :)

Really nice coat man...how much was it?...what size did you buy and what are your measurements? Thanks :)

I checked out that coat today at the Rugby store on University. Fit and look is nice but it was too thin to be a real peacoat. Also there is a preppy patch detail on the upper right arm that turned me off. I only saw an XL and it was marked $179.

Also, the Rubgy store is pushing the "preppy rebel" thing a little too hard. How many people really want to wear golf club attair but with a skull and crossbones on them? Otherwise some of the basics looked pretty decent plus there was a ridiculously cute girl at the register.

I checked out that coat today at the Rugby store on University. Fit and look is nice but it was too thin to be a real peacoat. Also there is a preppy patch detail on the upper right arm that turned me off. I only saw an XL and it was marked $179.

Also, the Rubgy store is pushing the "preppy rebel" thing a little too hard. How many people really want to wear golf club attair but with a skull and crossbones on them? Otherwise some of the basics looked pretty decent plus there was a ridiculously cute girl at the register.

i think you chceked otu a different coat cuz this ones thick as shit...and there is no patch on the upper right arm. its just all simple black with a black strap on the back. But price was the same so idk... but either way...i usually wear 36 short / 38 short with blazers...and bought a Small...5'9", 160 lbs.

I'm planning to get a coat this weekend and I see a lot of coats that I like but I want to know if anyone knows where to get a nice peacoat (or a nice wool long/slim winter coat) specifically within NYC. If any of you guys picked up something nice, or seen anything while walking around, let me know. I really want to limit myself to a $200 coat, but it can be a bit more.

Thanks.

I got this one on sale at club monaco. It was orig $299 and on sale now for $129. Not bad if I do say so myself.

Peacoat.jpg

I got that coat awhile ago too and had to return it because it was too big. If only they make it in XS because I love everything else about it.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

i'd like to get a shorter/more fitted one. mines kinda big and unganly, its a real "harsh weather" kinda coat.

anyone have recommendations for a good one ~$200. im a bit of an odd size, skinny and tall but broad shoulders, so something fitted, but still large enough to emcompass my 6'7" frame.

any suggestions?

Sorry to go slightly off the topic of Peacoats, but I found the Parka I'm getting for this winter while browsing zozo's hare coats... They're on pre-order until the end of October though

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fzozo.jp%2Fshop%2Fhare%2Fgoods.html%3Fgid%3D223759%26cid%3D2699%26pno%3D1&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

1223759_b_2.jpg

1223759_b_8.jpg

Should I get black or tan?

And how is Hare sizing? I'm normally a smallish Medium, so would a Medium be spot on here?