true waist measurement of nudie RR size 34

obsessis

I'm a true size 34 and bought a Nudie RRDS in 34X34. At first, it was really lose and I gave it cold soak for a couple of hours. It shrank a bit but has now expanded but not to its original fit. I think it runs a little bit bigger than 34 but since it's low rise, a size 34 can fit a true size 34 if you want to wear it low. I also like it being a bit loose in the legs. I think if you want it a bit tighter, you could getaway with a 33.

although i'm a different size than you, before i bought my RRDS, extensive research probably indicates taht you should size down.

i'm a 31 in levi's 501s, 29 in APC new standards, and a 30 in RRDS.

of course, i conveniently bought a pair in size 32, assuming they would shrink after i washed them. they have since stretched out a bit, but i wear a belt. unfortunately, the RRDS are sanforized denim so they won't shrink all that much in the wash.

all in all, my advice would be to follow Imperial denim's advice, and that is to buy the jeans that you can barely close around your waist, cause they'll stretch, and won't shrink back that much after washing since they're sanforized. ie. ^^i agree, 33 sounds good, maybe even 32.

nairb49

well i prefer my jeans loose in the waist and I like it when I have to wear a belt. I'm pretty sure that the 32 wouldn't work. The 33 would work for a snug fit but I think I'd need the 34 to have it loose like I like, for a slightly oversized fit.

thanks for the help without smartass remarks.

obsessis,

I am also 6'1'' and 185, pretty much exactly, so I am confident in my answer here:

For Ralfs if you want them to sit just alittle low get a 34 and let them stretch for a week. I had the same dilemma you did when trying on Ralfs, but once I put the 36 on there was no question....the 36 was just way too big. The waistband will bunch up under a belt and look awful.

What I ended up doing was skipping the Regular Ralfs altogether, and getting a pair of Loose Franks, but sizing them DOWN. I bought 32-34 Franks in dry selvage which give me the oversized legs, but fit pefectly uptop. I am wearing them alittle higher though, so if you want these to sag a bit too, I'd go 33 with them. These loose frranks look just about exactly like the Regular Ralf fit guide model from Nudie's site

Hope this helps, happy hunting

oh, p.s. you should also try some PRPS on somewhere if you can. They have a nice relaxed but straight leg without having to upsize on the waist

Fuck....more shit to buy

the prps is interesting, i'll check them out on ebay/other sites.

I would love to get the frank, the frank dry selvage is what i wanted but they are not selling anywhere? i'd much rather get the frank or the straight sven dry. i'm not sure how the RR will look with the bootcut leg.

i imagine that 33/34 baggy bjorns would be a good fit? how baggy would they be?