So uhm, what about those bigger thighs?

mofonyx

Hello,

Looking around the threads and trend, it seems that most of the SuFu-ers are all for the slim cuts (as I can see on a lot of brands as well, namely Dior). What about people with bigger thighs? Are there jeans that cater for that group?

I get a very tight fit around the thighs from my LVC 1947 501XX (which is the only pair of jeans I have). The last time I measured my upper thigh, it was 63cm which is probably bigger than my head. I've asked for recommendations for a looser fit and apparently the '55 cut would suit me better.

However, it still should be noted that not a lot of brands carry looser fitting denim. They do have a lot of slim cuts that would be impossible for me to get into.

Does this mean that if I go to the gym, I cannot wear nice jeans? :(

If you can pull the jeans up over your thighs then they're not too tight. You may not like the way the look, but that's a different question.

Speaking from personal experience, Oni's red fit is good, samurai S5000VX is not too slim, and there's lots of more repro cuts which are very kind to the thigh. Check out the steam locomotive - I have a pair of those and they're downright baggy...

I don't know why you're having issues with 501xx with ~24" thighs. Maybe you are just wearing a size too small. Get used to having to size up your waist...but yes the 55 or 44 cut would probably work.

(FWIW I'm a 32" waist right now and have a 34 LVC 501xx 47, thighs are 25")

Well maybe I don't know what tight is supposed to feel like. Also, I have a big ass (from the squatting), my tailor comments on my rear as well, making the suit construction a bit different.

So perhaps that makes it feel tighter than it should. Also, my waist is 30in (fluctuates around 29.5in to 30.5in) so I have a 32" tagged LVC 501XX 47 which shrank to 30".

I'll look into these other cuts, but I'm still happy with the 1947, I just can't cross my legs with comfort or climb 2 steps of stairs at a time.

However, it still should be noted that not a lot of brands carry looser fitting denim.

I think a lot of the popular brands around here offer regular/relaxed fitting cuts; Sugarcane, Samurai, LVC, Skull, Warehouse, PBJ, Evisu, Fullcount, Oni, etc etc... but sometimes you need to ask for availability.

But hey, there's always the FCxBiG contest jeans!

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=62787

Guest devil.beside.you

Mofo, I had the exact same problem..2 things

Have you looked into a pair of ironhearts? my true waist size is around 34, but i got a pair of 36 in the 634S and it fits wonderfully, its a straight cut so it wont hug your ass or your thighs. I've done some research, and i just bought a pair of sugarcane rainbow okinawas - those jeans have a more relaxed fit. you're going to get crotch bust if your thighs are too tight, that happened on an old pair of evisus (given the quality wasn't as good)

cheers

Hey guys, thanks. This thread has been more helpful than I expected it to be! I thought I was the only one here who didn't have skinny legs and skinny jeans.

Awesome.

AKMetal: The Sugar Cane x Self Edge collab? Like the ones on the Self Edge page? Those look extremely tight to me. I'll look into the Flathead F380s!

corter: My waist is only 30.5in at most, wearing a 35" waist would mean it'll drop to the floor or hang on my ass, which I'd rather not.

devilbesideyou: Yeah, I'm very worried about busting the crotch area on my 1947, which is why I'm concerned about the extremely tight fit on my Levi's around my thighs. I'll look into your recommendations as well.

untungl: FC x BiG jeans do look awesome! I'm seriously diggin' those! Man.. thanks for pointing me there! The thigh measurement seems just about right fit!

Scoobersti: Thanks for those recommendations, similarly, I will check them out!

I think the problem here is that I have a small waist but bigger than average thighs. Which causes a bit of a fitting issue.

The two jeans I'm very interested in now are:

i) Samurai 19oz 510XX from BiG

ii) Fullcount 0105 contest jeans at BiG

Which one?! I'm going off to the this or that thread.

Thanks again guys, bookmark'd because it's been very helpful. If I could rep, I would.

scoon : I just checked out the website so I hurriedly grabbed the 31. After I added it to cart, somehow the webpage updated saying that Gordon ordered in excess, but I still had the 31 in my cart. However, the 31 was struck off the dropdown menu!

So I paid for it anyway, I don't know if it'll show up though :(

I had the exact same problem. All those squats and deadlifts put my quads at 25'' (63.5cm) and it makes denim shopping a little difficult. I ended up getting a pair of Samurai S0500XX and they fit well. They were slightly tight but the thigh stretched a bit and now they fit snugly but comfortably; I'd definitely recommend them.

I just bought APC Rescues for my brother, whose quads measure in at 24.5". He doesn't like the NS fit, so I can't speak for that, but he went true to size, and wore a belt to keep them from stretching out.