nom de guerre

absolut

Quote:

the arabic print...yup i saw it....saw it somewhere else tooo

and they got some hype from complex

wat a shitty magazine...tell me why it went through a billion editors ...the first 4 or 5 were pretty good but now its just plain bad

--- Original message by rabka on Dec 20, 2005 03:31 PM

they were in one of the GQs too.

Quote:

they closed their sneaker part too

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Dec 20, 2005 04:19 PM

they got sick of having everyone take them back there but if they have something thats not on the shelves that youre interested in theyll still take you back there.

Quote:

this store is terrible..its just a bunch of trust find babys who wear camo and say F Bush, so they can fit in..i bet they hang out in williamsburgh @ night

--- Original message by Bukkake on Dec 20, 2005 08:32 PM

That's funny. "trust find babys+ who wear camo + say F Bush + hang out in williambsburgh= cool guy"

maybe i should have just said nice. nonetheless, i gotta respect them for what theyve setup..i kno you guys may have your pseudo im above the hype attitudes..but at the end of the day these guys accomplished wat they wanted to and theyre not asshols and theyre down to earth... down to earth meaning that will talked to my dad the first time i went to the store about real estate in nj. and my dads def not anywhere near a typical guy who would even be around bleeker street and he took me to the back to show me some new stuff they were gon put out in the coming weeks..i may be naive i may not have the whole picture...but thats the impression i got

ak

Quote:

The guys at NDG are very nice. There seems to be so much hate and jadedness on SF lately, particularly with shops like NDG, Supreme, etc. Frankly, these guys are doing their thing and I applaud them.

--- Original message by djrajio on Dec 20, 2005 09:14 PM

Listen to this guy. How many of you bickering fools here would deny the opportunity to be in the position to run your own shop, doing the shit that you like? All of these guys are doing something that I'm sure many of us aspire to do.

Quote:

they just get alot of hate from new yorkers cause isa is from cali.

they're really trying to bring back DM's as well

--- Original message by wiggin ender on Dec 21, 2005 08:13 AM

i dont think people from new york hate on them... just people on the internet. ndg is fresh.

doc martens are not happening though.

korn feat. ice cube

Them dudes are iight with me...prices are a bit too high for my blood for certain things, but I get nothing but respect from them guys. But I guess you gotta go In there knowing what you're looking for. ask few questions, because they're gonna think you dont know shit, then you might get the cold shoulder. -I've seen this happen at supreme.

Quote:

Sorry I'm from Australia, i keep reading about nom de guerre and supreme.

What exactly are these places and why are they so hyped on this board?

Sorry for the dumb questions.

--- Original message by Denim R on Dec 20, 2005 10:14 PM

Nom De Guerre and Supreme are both clothing stores in Lower Manhattan that appeal to the streetwear crowd. NDG carries its own line, it used to have sneakers (not sure if it still does). Supreme also carries its own line, and it's more skate-oriented than NDG.

I don't know why everyone makes such a huge fuss over these two brands. To me they're okay, but nothing to go apeshit over. Supreme has had some collabos with Nike that had sneakerheads all hyped up. NDG seems to have gotten the right press for its in house brand.

Quote:

IMO the store is set up nice but I don't see where the clothes justify the price tag, especially the button up shirts with fairly generic prints that are in upwards of $200 but I suppose if anyone is going to pay that type of $$$ it's heads in NYC.

--- Original message by The Badgeman on Dec 28, 2005 07:33 AM

Answer honestly, how long did it take you to find NDG in the first place?

Because I had to stop in the swatch store next door before I was able to find it. icon_smile_shy.gif