celebrities wearing streetwear brands in magazines,music videos movies

tokyo someday

jermaine dupri,d4l,lil wayne,etc. wearing bape

usher wearing clarendon

some guy in the back on the BIG duets video with that douchebag "diddy" wearing a nom de guerre arabic hoodie

who else have you guys seen wearing stuff like that?

and what do you think of good brands being worn by awful musicians like usher or any other celebrity

Quote:

THEIR STYLISTS READ FASHION WEBSITES AND MESSAGEBOARDS! STOP TALKING ABOUT HOW COOL YOUR ALL OVER PRINT TSHIRT IS. JTT IS GOING TO START WEARING IT!!!!

--- Original message by breakfasteatre on Dec 16, 2005 08:13 PM

haha.. its probably quite true.. especially at SF/ST...... we are the cream of the fashion elite...

Quote:
Quote:

THEIR STYLISTS READ FASHION WEBSITES AND MESSAGEBOARDS! STOP TALKING ABOUT HOW COOL YOUR ALL OVER PRINT TSHIRT IS. JTT IS GOING TO START WEARING IT!!!!

--- Original message by breakfasteatre on Dec 16, 2005 08:13 PM

haha.. its probably quite true.. especially at SF/ST...... we are the cream of the fashion elite...

--- Original message by thomas_highstreet on Dec 16, 2005 08:30 PM

i'm tired of "fashion elite" who know just how next-level they are but don't want anyone else to.

personally i'm pretty amused that streetwear/fashion afficionados get their panties in a twist over someone blowing up their brands, but relish in the glory of having other in-the-know dudes salivating over their jeans. you can't have it both ways.

Edited by canice on Dec 17, 2005 at 01:01 AM

yeah i could give a shit. i don't care if i see usher or george w bush wearing it ...

although this thread topic IS a big argument in favor of low-key dress styles. nobody is going to see a plain black dress shirt and go "OMG that's the same dress shirt USHER was wearing" or "OMG those are the same plain black vans chukkas ASHTON KUTCHER was wearing"

on the other hand, it also sort of makes clear how certain brands are basically attention-whore brands ... do you really want to be wearing a purple or red camouflage hoody? or garish mix-n-match patent leather sneakers? what do you want people's attention focused on? your hoody or you?

If somebody else has to wear it first to make it cool, I don't want to wear it at all. That is unless that person defined cool. I.E. McQueen, Dean, Newman,Sinatra. Now these cats could dress and you would not have caught them dead in a neon camo hoody. People wanted to dress like them because they LOOKED GOOD. This streetwear stuff...half of it would end up on the bargain rack at KMART if somebody hot at the moment wasn't wearing it for free.

just my two cents but I am an old fart anyway.

people on here can be so fukn snobby. if u had no info on a certain brand, wouldn't u still buy some hot shit that you liked it??? just cuz they can buy a lot of nice clothes without knowing about the history or type of special japanese selvedge doesn't mean they can't buy it. you would do the SAME SHIT if you had the money suckas

• 2 years later...

I saw John Mayer in NYC over a year ago and he was wearing some visvim (pants and shoes)...and he was carrying an acronym 3A-1

Seems like he is constantly wearing visvim everything, don't think he has a stylist though, his shit doesn't fit well really

this is not focused toward you, its just the perfect statement to quote for my thoughts..

I'm sure stylists do frequent fashion boards, but I am also sure that many labels send clothes to stylists so that celebs will be seen wearing them. You have to understand, you guys are the minority. The majority get there style, sad as it is, from the TV. If your gonna get upset, get upset at the labels. However, if its the label that makes your style, you have got some work to do yourself. You should be able to go to a thrift store and put something together, if you truly have style. Shit..even wal-mart if you dont care about quality..lol..

Also, there are many succesfull professionals out there that have no sense of style. They are not celebs, just loaded. They either just have no time to worry about, or even know, whats what when it comes to fashion or are just socially inept because they spent all there time becoming loaded. These people also rely on stylists or even there favorite Barneys employee. Some of the people on here would understand. I've seen some pics of people who look pretty socially inept and they have 200,000 posts in a three month period, but they got expensive ass goods on.

I saw John Mayer in NYC over a year ago and he was wearing some visvim (pants and shoes)...and he was carrying an acronym 3A-1

Seems like he is constantly wearing visvim everything, don't think he has a stylist though, his shit doesn't fit well really

this is old news but thanks for bumping a 3 year old thread for this (10)