Jay Allen - Rising Sun

Jay Allen

This is the re-worked Rising Sun shirt many of you commented on a few weeks ago. It is on a blue/purple shirt. It could be done on any of the colorways I have but I think this one may be best. I have several more that I will post later. As always I must apologize for the poor images. The colors on this shirt seem to almost glow. I can't capture that with the camera I'm using.

It has taken me 3 months of experimenting with this spray technique to finally be happy with it. As always, comments welcome.

Rising Sun 2001.jpg

Rising Sun 2002.jpg

Rising Sun 2003.jpg

Rising Sun 2004.jpg

Colorways.jpg

Conceived and executed on the working waterfront of Portland, Maine. [email protected]

Hey Jay,

Nice shirt. Quick question for you (and I'm not sure if this has been answered before) but have you considered printing those designs on v-neck shirts?

Given the nature of some of your prints (this one as well as the chocolate rain one), it might look pretty cool on a vneck.

Just a thought...

I'm working on that now. I think many of my designs would look great on a v-neck. I just haven't found one that I like yet. I hope to develop my own cut and sew shirts soon. If things go well at the Pool Show that is the next step. I also want two different cuts for all of my shirts....slim cut, and regular cut. It is a huge pain in the ass to inventory two different cuts but there isn't any way to design a shirt that fits everyone.

Anyway...Good thought on the V-neck!

Conceived and executed on the working waterfront of Portland, Maine. [email protected]

Quote:

looking at your designs, i think slim fit tees would be better. and yea i think v-necks would be great too.

--- Original message by postman on Dec 14, 2005 10:07 AM

The shirts I'm using are semi slim fitting. When I do my cut and sew shirts I want them to be at least am inch narrower, and an inch longer.

These are my current sizes

Small = 18" wide, 25" length

Medium = 20" wide, 26" length

Large = 22" wide, 27" length

X-Large = 24" wide, 28" length

Awesome Jay, thats a nice farking shirt man! The colours are amazing, keep up the good work, and best of luck at pool dude!!!!!

http://photobucket.com/albums/y278/andewhall/

Edited by andewhall on Dec 14, 2005 at 04:16 PM