after washing your nudie RRDS

chadler

ok, so after many months of wear and you finally wash your jeans, how does the fit compare to the first day that you bought it? in one of the pictures from the photo section in mynudies.com, a guy has a new and old one side by side(greycast though). from the looks of it, the thighs gets smaller(and i guess the overall width of the leg) and the length gets shorter. but the waist actually looks like it stayed stretched out...it looks the same or even slightly bigger then the new pair.

so after the first wash, what should i expect the fit to be like? compare to the very first day

I have a pair of RR Greycasts.

After 7 months I gave them a wash in the machine on the woolwash program with 30 degree warm water. I think that the fit after the wash was quite comparable to the fit when I just bought them. But within a week they stretched back to how they were before the wash.

Guest Montreal

How many inches would you say they shrink in terms of length? I hemmed my Nudies when I first bought them but not by much. I don't like cuffing my jeans, but if I dont cuff, they drag, so I don't want to hem them too much and have them end up being too short for me.

Ugh!

Quote:

I have a pair of RR Greycasts.

After 7 months I gave them a wash in the machine on the woolwash program with 30 degree warm water. I think that the fit after the wash was quite comparable to the fit when I just bought them. But within a week they stretched back to how they were before the wash.

--- Original message by berent on Dec 13, 2005 04:18 PM

so you think i should just go down one more size? i don't want to have to wash them everytime before wearing them to get the right tightness

They shrunk about 1 inch in the length, think that in the next washes they'll shrink some more, but don't think more than 1/2 inch.

They were already really soft before the wash, but they did get softer after because starch was removed I guess. Maybe you can wash them a little hotter so the ass will shrink some more.

Guest Montreal

chadler

i think your best bet is to start out with a pair that doesnt fit you

my 32s when i bought them just barely fit around my waist.. i swear i thought the buttons were gonna pop off. fast-forward 2 months and these jeans are too big and now im wishing i bought my pair in size 31. 31 would DEFINITELY not fit around my waist brand new, so you'd probably have to go through hell for a week before they finally fit like they should

Also, it depends on how you'd want to wear them. I'm a true size 34 and I thought that my 34X34 RRDS are too big for me when I got them. One soak and 4 months after, it still is a bit big but to my liking. It's a bit loose in the legs but the waist stays really low. It accentuates your trunk and I love where it stays. But I'm about 6'0" and can get way wearing it low. My only problem is I had it hemmed already to about 32.5 to 32.75. I usually wear a 32 and it's now dragging to the floor. I wish I could wash them already soon since it's getting more worn in the hem. I only wish it doesn't shrink in length that much. I always wonder how a size 33 would fit me though...

yeah i originally got a 30x32 (i'm borderline between a 29 or 30 depending on the brand) and I felt that they were a little too big in the waist for me when i first put them on. I went down to a 29 and they fit much better (almost too small for my liking), but now I wonder how the 30's would have fit if I had soaked them like the 29s. So yeah, now I have a pair of fresh 30x32 sitting in my room. i'll put these up for sale once i deal with the rest of my xmas stuff.