Any Tips for St.Louis

Schlaecht

Yes. I was there over the summer for my summer job. I used to live in NYC, now i'm in SF, so I'm a big city person. Anyway, STL is not a big city- the most apparent thing is how segregated the city is between Blacks and Whites. And another apparent thing is that apparently, there are only blacks and whites, and hardly any other minorities.

Anyway, for places to live. I think nice places to live is Central West End, then there's also some cool places to live i think off Grand Ave near a park (i forget the name).

Grand Ave is definitely where most of the better and hipper restaurants. Also, in Central West End, there's more hip restaurants and lots of cafes and bars too.

Shopping wise, i don't think you're going to find much, but try the Loop which is the college strip where all the younger kids go with your usual vintage records and some headshops and things like that. I think most people go to the big mall there especially since Urban Outfitters just opened up last summer when i was there.

Your best bet for shopping is probably to take a weekend trip to Chicago instead.

For hanging out- STL is really a big sports city. SO if you like sports, you're good. Also, if you like drinking, it's good too, especially beer.

Sauce,

many thanks for that fast reply.

I am a beer drinker though. I am from Germany, Bavaria. I used to live in Munich, home of the famous Oktoberfest. But I do believe that a Bud is not as good (?) as a decent german beer :-)

In case you have more good tips regarding STL, I would be happy to get them.

Cheers,

Schlaecht

Yea STL is good with beer (besides busch, which i'm not really into) But they have a lot of cool beer gardens and some small breweries. You'll be very happy with the beer drinking selection there. Also, you definitely want to check out Jazz in the Park. Though I think that might be only in the Summer. Free Jazz at the Botanical Garden. Really cool to bring your own drinks and just hang out there. THat's about it, if you have any specific q's feel free to PM me.

• 5 years later...