Matthew Williamson for H&M

Enigma89

Email from H&M

MATTHEW WILLIAMSON BRINGS SUN TO H&M THIS SUMMER

H&M is proud to announce that the next guest designer will be Matthew Williamson, the British designer whose colour-drenched collections always carry the promise of the sun. Starting with an exclusive women’s fashion range at selected stores April 23, then continuing with the perfect men’s and women’s pieces for Summer available from mid-May in all H&M stores world wide. In an exclusive for H&M, Williamson will debut his first ever menswear pieces.

“It is an incredible opportunity to be working with H&M, creating a ‘Matthew Williamson for H&M’ capsule collection. I love the fact that H&M have created a new phenomenon in fashion through the pioneering concept of collaborating with high-end designers to create one-off limited edition capsule collections. I am thrilled that my creations for H&M will be accessible to and hopefully enjoyed by so many people around the world,“ says Matthew Williamson.

“Matthew has such a good eye and a way for working with prints that he mixes up in a new way. When he combines these things, you get a very contemporary London look. It’s for people who want to look special, but his clothes can also be worn in a nonchalant way- you can really play around with them. He is fantastic with piling on colour – it’s a very stylish collaboration for H&M, and very much in line with the way we’re thinking about fashion for spring/summer,†says Margareta van den Bosch, Creative advisor at H&M.

Matthew Williamson burst onto the London fashion scene in 1997, with a colour-drenched collection modelled by Kate Moss, Helena Christensen and Jade Jagger. Since then, Williamson has brought the party lifestyle of the global traveller to the catwalk, an Ibizan spirit of colour and freedom that he now shows at New York Fashion Week. His clothes are worn regularly by celebrities such as Sienna Miller, Keira Knightley, Kate Hudson and Gwyneth Paltrow, and last year he was honoured with an exhibition at the Design Museum in London – “Matthew Williamson – 10 Years in Fashionâ€.

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M) was established in Sweden in 1947. The company’s business concept is to offer fashion and quality at the best price. H&M is quoted on the OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm. Today there are around 1,700 H&M stores on 33 markets. H&M has 68,000 employees and achieved sales including VAT in 2007 of SEK 92,123 million. H&M has a wide product range that is divided into a number of different concepts for women, men, teenagers, children and cosmetics. The company’s clothing collections are created by its own designers, pattern makers and buyers. For further information visit www.hm.com.

Judging from ^ that description, this is a trick to fuck over all of those eBay resellers. No matter how much the public likes an H&M collab, they still need something they can look up on the internet to see how cool it is.

"Karl Lagerfeld. *Googles* OOOOOH CHANEL"

"Come de Garsones. *Googles* OH so underground and unique!"

"Matthew Williamson *Google* looks like a smirking posh pirate. stuff kinda looks like damien hirst' skull paintings ie colourful. Hrrrrrm..."

EDIT: and of course I say this without know who the hell he is or caring to look it up.

What are whore H&M is. Another designer already? The Brits will obviously love this although the designer is so bloody random most people will have to google and wiki the dude to get an idea what he's about. He's got loverly summery designs although Missoni would have been a more exciting choice.

if thats directed at me i didn't make any criticism over his own clothes designs but just the fact all the collabs things i personally dont agree and buy into. esp on a high street level when the product is the same as before but with a different label and higher price tag.

They're over hyped and just all the people buying them dont have a clue abuot who or what the designer is about and just buy it cause its h&m by.... the product is no different but it gets all the rage and press

really i find this whole thing rather boring

i buy something because i like it not because of whos name is on the label

i dont think hes cute

prof, ur gaydar is drooping methinks

anyway, i hate H&M coz of whole ethos of piss poor quality, wear once, wash and throw away "fashion" and think the only reason a designer would collab is to pay for a holiday in st tropay.

same with topshop/topman

at least uniqlo quality is slightly better

ps

i for one thought the H&M CDg was crap

• 2 months later...