Who's banned now?

broneck

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I said correct me if I was wrong. It was an example, a better one would've been Geller. You think that thread would still be 27 pages long if joey and OMC didn't give their ringing endorsement? People like hommedeguerre wouldn'tve even given Geller a glance if the consensus opinion was that Geller sucked ass, but there he is taking pics of that jacket with a DSLR, posting them here.

ok your loyalty to superfuture has blurred your line of reality and online.

yes, within superfuture, there may be people that carry certain weight when it comes to influence. out in the real world? do you think Tyler and Nicole at Blackbird order the stuff they do because of superfuture? They started carrying Gellar way before it became something on here. dSLRs? thats a trend that was in the making for the past 10 years.

just saying, within superfuture, maybe. outside superfuture, the fashion industry has a whole nother thing going. dont get the two mixed up.

the way i've always viewed it is that supertrash is a subforum meant for anything that doesn't fit into the category of any other subforum. which still serves that purpose as there are threads that are active that dont quite fit into other subforum.

my point is that you can't mistake supertrash for a subforum meant for talking trash. from what i can assume, it had the intentions of what i explained just above.

i know what your saying, but i wasn't really referring to the the original intentions of supertrash or subjects that did not fit the criteria of other subforums.

supertrash whether it was intended to be something other than a dumping ground has become a souce of great entertainment and the place to be when you just wanna fuck someone in the ass. most of us like it, and admit it or not the superfuture needs it.

i know what your saying, but i wasn't really referring to the the original intentions of supertrash or subjects that did not fit the criteria of other subforums.

supertrash whether it was intended to be something other than a dumping ground has become a souce of great entertainment and the place to be when you just wanna fuck someone in the ass. most of us like it, and admit it or not the superfuture needs it.

dont get me wrong, i completely agree.

at the end of the day, it is what it is and i come back because i enjoy it.

its a shame that the mods dont.

yes, within superfuture, there may be people that carry certain weight when it comes to influence. out in the real world? do you think Tyler and Nicole at Blackbird order the stuff they do because of superfuture? They started carrying Gellar way before it became something on here. dSLRs? thats a trend that was in the making for the past 10 years.

i know that blackbird started securing certain jap accounts because of sufu. don't know about geller, don't care.

Hmm, you may be right but i'm not so certain about it.

I've tlaked to Tyler like 2 years ago when he came back from his trip to Japan, and his interest at the time was beyond what superfuture was talking about.

i would say Tyler's buying decisions go further than what superfuture discusses. but again, i am sure hes been influenced and keeps getting influenced by what superfuture has to offer, but to what extent? not sure.

Hmm, you may be right but i'm not so certain about it.

I've tlaked to Tyler like 2 years ago when he came back from his trip to Japan, and his interest at the time was beyond what superfuture was talking about.

i would say Tyler's buying decisions go further than what superfuture discusses. but again, i am sure hes been influenced and keeps getting influenced by what superfuture has to offer, but to what extent? not sure.

well it's not really a big deal, but just how many jap exchange students in the u.s. are into julius, dbss, lad etc (not counting n(n) and yy's sphere of influence)? most of the hardcore jap fans of those labels and their like are in japland. they are a target market. the only means (IN THE BEGGINING) for a shop like blackbird to even hear about that shit and think they could possibly sell that kind of shit would be a median like and most likely superfuture. i'm not saying that their buyers base every single decision on this board, but i'm sure that they are or at least were influenced by the knowledge/contributions of certain posters who were/are familiar with those specific jap brands.

I guess so people weren't confused about why vs_toto was banned he wanted to say this. I dunno, just the messenger. I think he comes back in a month or so. I haven't read all of it because my attention span is poor, but here you go

I was given a "first and only warning" for the sportfreak thread and posted it in Random Thoughts. That's why I was banned. The lack of transparency or consistency in the moderation here is ridiculous. If haptronic wanted to ban me for whatever reason, he should have used his own account and not some proxy account to avoid repercussions. It seems like he is on a power trip the past few weeks and we should all just keep our heads down until he gets bored or wherever.

I doubt sportfreak was a fake account (although I have heard it was sycamore) as his WAYWTs were usually posted within minutes of their appearance on hypebeast. The community here is great for the most part, but when fndmybetterhalf accuses us of circle jerking he's looking at the wrong people. The real circle jerk is among the "elite" who are exempt from any form of moderation and given special powers because of exclusivity deals/exceptional dickriding leading to secret moderation positions or the like.

Everything about these forums is interchangeable with any other fashion forum with the exception of us, the posters. I realize that superfuture makes most of its money from the main site and not the forums, and if that is the case, I echo sawyer's call to just kill them once and for all. That is all it would take for someone with $150 and a few hours to set up a new forum where we can post without being constantly monitored and talked down to by the administrators (I agree that soraatalk is not a viable alternative for technical reasons).

I personally don't care that much and will probably continue to post here since I am friends with many of you, but I no longer have any allegiance to this website as a whole. Does that matter? Probably not, but I tend to think it's better business to build a loyal userbase instead of shitting on them every 6 months or so.

-Toto

moderating trash is not a fulfilling enterprise

it is something like polishing shit

unpleasant messy and unrewarding

yeah u did the right thing by quiting and choosing to once again walk amongst us.

just saying, within superfuture, maybe. outside superfuture, the fashion industry has a whole nother thing going. dont get the two mixed up.

Good points, you've changed my mind about what I said. But there's something to be said about the phenomena when the NYT style article prints links to hypebeast and superfuture rather than the official Lanvin site. I see your point about the original intention about supertrash, too. But if it's such a problematic place , why bother with the trouble of maintaining it when they could just delete it entirely? I imagine this would solve a lot of their problems. All the racism, homophobia, drugs, sex and politics are concentrated here. What else are we supposed to talk about?

If they choose to moderate it rather than junk it, there's some inherent value.

yeah you're right. i pushed it a bit in trying to make a point, but i agree, Tyler and Nicole probably do get influenced.

but in the scope of what sawyer is saying, i think its a bit far fetched

yeah... i dunno about his lanvin theory. honestly shit probably just got hype from fuckin kanye west.

I guess so people weren't confused about why vs_toto was banned he wanted to say this. I dunno, just the messenger. I think he comes back in a month or so. I haven't read all of it because my attention span is poor, but here you go

xxxxxxxxxx

the table is rumbling

the glass is moving

no, i was not pushing that time