Portable Audio

meditation

You shouldn't expect to find a meaningful answer with such a vague outline.

What do you want in an audio player?

Memory capacity?

Sound quality?

Form? (size, shape, materials, durability)

Price?

I can only assume that you are searching for an iPod alternative.

The iPod is a nice product. If you are only avoiding it because of its popularity, I would suggest reconsidering.

However, if you are definately looking for something different..

consider the Microsoft Zune

511855629fb37fabbf8bxk7xt7.jpg

if not this, then maybe something from Sony.

and btw

MiniDiscs were great. The ID for a lot of Sony's older products was amazing. However MD's are now only for people who got in early and can't leave.

Do you guys realize this thread is from November '05? That said, I just lost my iRiver Clix but I was very happy with it. FM, Video, pics, mp3s... I've had 2 iPods and the Clix and much prefered the Clix. Only caveat to the Clix is the storage space is smaller. Now I'm thinking about the Clix2 to replace the one I lost. On the other hand, I've only been listening to music while working out so I might just find a cheap/small one.

i'm loving my 4gig creative zen v plus

i've had both the ipod and iriver and had issues with both of them. the ipod is, for the most part, unreliable. i'd get depressed every time i saw that sad smiley, and i'm very careful with things like my phone or ipod. the iriver was better than the ipod, except it'd freeze for an entire day, in which case, i'd have to wait for it to run out of battery, recharge it again, and get it going again.

the creative zen v plus i have now is smaller in size and has fm, music, video, and pictures.

I like the Mobiblu Cube 2. But that's just me.

18050610264618417.jpg

mmm, mp3 + fashion. haha, nah. But it IS very small. It's a cube that's basically 1 inch x 1 inch, etc.

MobiBLU_DAH-1500i_sized.jpg

^ That's the Cube1, but it's the same size.

I love it. Just click and drag songs. No silly software. Plays videos (Haven't used that feature at all since I have no videos to put on it) has radio, voice recorder, and obviously music.

Some people don't like that it's small, but I have small hands so it's okay for me. So far, the headphones that came with it broke, that that's my fault (Pulled them while they were stuck under an office chair) And my dad lost one charger and I lost the other. So, I haven't been able to use it lately.. But I will find them, haha!

Got it for $130 when it first came out, but now it's $70. Definitely something interesting!

ipod is definitely not the best out right now.

my cowon a2 just broke, but not because its unreliable. ive dropped it countless times, and it has come into contact with water. it broke because my little cousins broke the charging inlet.

hyped up for this:

touchscreen.

You know Cowon are out of ideas when they start imitating iRiver.

• 4 weeks later...