Favorite Horror movies?

thejjbb

i am really looking forward to seeing let the right one in. sweden is scary.

fuck yes. i wanna see that shit 2. it was at a bunch of intl festivals, but when is the dvd release? or is fuckin some big distributor like lionsgate gonna have shit released in theatres??

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that Martyrs is dope too
yeah i haven't watched it yet. looking foward to it.

I heard Martyrs is a whole lot crazier than A l'interieur, and the end scene is supposedly super disturbing. Tell us how it compares to A l'interieur and Haute Tension if you watch it.

My absolute favorite would have to be The Thing (1982), I absolutely loved everything about it and no horror movie since has come close.

I also enjoy watching those cheesy horror B-movies from the 70's - early 90's.

By the way, I thought some of you might be interested in reading this. Some guy compiled the top 10 sickest horror movies ever in one list, I've never seen any of those movies, but I've heard of many of them:

http://blogs.ign.com/Horror_Brain/2006/06/29/23243/

Edit - This list is just basically a compilation of the most notorious and controversial movies out there, but I can't attest to the quality of them as I've never seen them.

the shining

silence of the lambs

my roommate and i have been going through our housemates scary movie collection each night this week, and we didnt wanna have nightmares so we chose Zodiac which neither of us have seen, so we figured we'd try it (also jake gyllenhall lured us in)...turns out there were two Zodiac movies, both sucked, and we watched the one SANS jake gyllenhall. overall sucked so bad and a complete waste of 2 hours. maybe we'll watch casper tonight. :-)

hatchet is a good 80's slasher/monster throwback with ultra gore and tongue in cheek references and slither is a really fresh dark comedy take on the zombie genre. if i had to recommend one over the over it would be slither.

High Tension was god awful in every way. Not only was it not scary, but it didn't make any sense. Any at all. None. It was one of the most illogical things I've ever seen put on film, and that's not hyperbole. It insulted my intelligence and should have insulted any rational person.

That's why I liked it. So bizarre.. and in French.

A L'Interieur is good shit. I wanna see Martyrs so bad.

Silent Hill has really good atmosphere. I'm also excited for 'let the right one in.' I'm trying to decide on what I want my 3 netflix movies to be for halloween. So far I got Nosferatu and The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. Anyone got a rec for the third one? Preferably not a silent film, must have good atmosphere, not cheezy or over the top gorey...

Silent Hill has really good atmosphere. I'm also excited for 'let the right one in.' I'm trying to decide on what I want my 3 netflix movies to be for halloween. So far I got Nosferatu and The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. Anyone got a rec for the third one? Preferably not a silent film, must have good atmosphere, not cheezy or over the top gorey...

callofcthulhudvdfront.gif

i give u silent film anyway

i haven't seen hatchet but slither surprised the hell out of me by not completely sucking.

i've seen all but the top 3 of that guy's top 10 sick movies whatever, is mordum actually as bad as it sounds? i've heard of it, and its reputation, but i can never find a good torrent of it and i don't care enough to own it, yet. is it that worth watching? (i thoroughly enjoy demented gore flicks)

By the way, I thought some of you might be interested in reading this. Some guy compiled the top 10 sickest horror movies ever in one list, I've never seen any of those movies, but I've heard of many of them:

http://blogs.ign.com/Horror_Brain/2006/06/29/23243/

Edit - This list is just basically a compilation of the most notorious and controversial movies out there, but I can't attest to the quality of them as I've never seen them.

i just took a look at that guy's list. alot of these films are not even horror.

phantasm rules

i watched mordum last night. it was stupid. it was really just pure shock garbage, i mean i love over the top gore but at least some semblance of plot/dialogue (even if it is retarded)/filmmaking skill is nice. i wasn't even impressed with the gore actually, it took a backseat to stuff like dudes fucking childrens corpses and stuff, what a fucking stupid movie.

i read in the paper today that they are already planning an english remake of let the right one in. blechhhhh

you guys seen the friday the 13th trailer yet? im not huge on remakes but that shit looks wild.

The Thing

Psycho

The Shining

Exorcist

Vengeance trilogy by park chan wook

Ichi the killer

Audition

Dawn of the dead (the original)

28 days later.

i'll give u audition, but the other two ain't horror.