Looking for a good haircut in L.A.

theLorax

When it comes to haircuts, i'm not that picky, which is why most of the time I just go to Supercuts and tell em to cut a couple inches off. But the past few times i've gone they've really fucked up. Sometimes I get a lady who knows what shes doing and gives me a good cut, I try to remember her name and get her the next time, but that never happens and I get someone else who gives me a shitty cut. Last time was a disaster, this lady named Margarita took over an hour, kept hesitating, she was nervous like it was her first day, kept asking me what to do, and I felt like strangling her by the time an hour went by. This is not that much better than a $9 barber shop cut, so i'd rather pay a little more and go to a salon.

I've never been to a salon before, and I want to give it a try. I dont know anything about them. So basically I just want to know what to expect to pay for a regular cut (without any extras like highlights), and what are some good Salons in the LA or OC area that have experience cutting mens hair.

let me know!

• 5 weeks later...
Im also looking for a good place to get a cut for a guy at either in LA, Long Beach, Orange County(preferably). Only willing to spend $100 including tip. Looking for a razor cut...any help would be great.

i use a chick named elizabeth at salon rebelle in the orange circle. shes dope and cheap. well shes been cutting my hair forever, so shes cheap for me. i dont know what her normal rate is. shes super fast too. never takes more than 25 mins.

i use a chick named elizabeth at salon rebelle in the orange circle. shes dope and cheap. well shes been cutting my hair forever, so shes cheap for me. i dont know what her normal rate is. shes super fast too. never takes more than 25 mins.

Thanks im gonna go check them out and talk to them. I red some reviews and seems Amber& Elizabeth are getting the most high marks.

Also anyone have any ever go to Atlantic Studio in LB. An Ex of mine suggested them but she says she has never seen them cut guys hair but is sure they do. It says they are a "Sebastian Grand Salon" does that mean they were trained by them?

Thanks im gonna go check them out and talk to them. I red some reviews and seems Amber& Elizabeth are getting the most high marks.

Also anyone have any ever go to Atlantic Studio in LB. An Ex of mine suggested them but she says she has never seen them cut guys hair but is sure they do. It says they are a "Sebastian Grand Salon" does that mean they were trained by them?

yeah i think amber used to be elizabeths apprentice. elizabeth is one of the owners of the salon. usually salon things like that mean they sell a ton of their product and occasionally give clinics at the salon, nothing special. i wouldn't buy into it.