General TV show discussion

mrip

all my shows suck right now:

-the office- every episode is the same

-30 rock has stayed sucking

-weeds isnt worth watching anymore

-sunny switched up their writing style and its like theyre not trying

-eastbound is whatever. Slow story development. At least it should get interesting now that hes gong back for april.

-running wilde reminds me of AD so im still on board for that. Fuckin love arnett

- boardwalk empire is tits. It like sopranos x prohibition. The only show that makes me upset cuz i have to wait a week to watch the next installment

Cant wait for breaking bad to start up again. And spartacus!

forgot how awesome fresh prince of bel air and married with children were.

I hate working from home lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Probably only poignant for the uk people, but have you guys been watching coogan & brydon’s “the trip†on bbc2? Impressions and the “funny bits†are satisfactory etc but the whole coogan self-character assassination thing going on is brutal, but at least for me captivating. I know it’s lightly scripted and all that but literally I cannot think of anther actor/comedian/lady gaga t-bagger that would have the bollocks to let a portrayal of themselves out like that. Either way, for a program where literally nothing of real interest happens, easily one of the best tv programs on this year.

yer. agreed. wasnt into series 1 when that ex-hollyoaks girl was the lodger/love interest but since laura haddock arrived i do seem to be watching it alot more. the bbc are on point though at the moment, esp considering all the great stuff bbc4 are pumping out.

Yer, phoneshop was good, looking forward to s2.

Tyro1 – would be interested to hear once you’ve watched a few (epi 3 and beyond) how much of it you think is scripted. I’m really undecided if all the stuff they are revealing about their characters is all totally fictitious or not, I imagine if it’s is in some way a self portrait of their characters its probably exaggerated, but still.. bizarre and ballsy to stick it out there. Also the start of epi 3 (I think 3) coogan with the paper, wtf.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...