need laptop case for my 12" powerbook - any recommendations

air tokyo

Brenthaven Pro backpack. Understated technical design and extremely durable. Has a pocket for everything and an internal padded sleeve for the laptop itself (which velcros in and out of the bag) Won't turn heads when you're out, but will protect your PowerBook almost as well as leaving it at home. The things are even comfortable to wear.

I've got a Dunhill Motorities Messenger bag, my Toshiba A200 in the protective slip case fits in perfectly horizontally or vertically. I imagine the powerbook is slightly slimmer too, so should leave even more room inside the bag for other stuff.

I can't praise this bag enough. It's not meant to be specifically for laptops, but it works so well... plus no one would think there's a laptop in there, it doesn't look possible. Outside the bag looks & feels quite compact, but it's so well designed that I can fit my laptop, AC adapter, a normal sized book, an innocent smoothie or bottle of water, plus a spare battery in the front compartment.

Really good, strong, comfortable strap too, plus there's a thinner one that you can attach that goes round your waste, it's intended to stop the bag moving around too much when you're on a bike or in a hurry, but is also quite reassuring if someone should try to snatch it. There's a nifty orange storm cover that comes of out of the rear pocket too, although I've never tested it in more than light rain since I normally carry an umbrella.

Minus points... mine needs a good clean - it attracts quite a lot of pollution.

http://store.dunhill.com/PagesPublic/product.aspx?p1grp=LTHR000&p2cat=LTHR003&p3sub=*EMPTY&p4prd=ON6010B

The pictures don't do it justice, the cotton canvas and brown leather combo look much better in reality. Perhaps I'll take some photos tomorrow.

Quote: 200db, I have been eyeing the Supreme bag for a few months now...

Is it a soft case? Do I have to be extra carefully when toting the bag around?

Both pockets are padded but honestly I have seen better padding on laptop case. I'd recommend having your laptop in a sleeve before carrying it the bag. I think it's perfect for the 12" necause of all the extra space, but for a bigger laptop I'd use another bag.

I've been using the bag for a few weeks now and my computer hasn't sustained any damage and I throw the bag around quite a bit.