Wu-Wear!!

Dolo

Just curious if anyone thinks that at somepoint down the road all those wu-wear cast aways from yesteryear will end up causing biding wars on ebay??

hahaha, I mean the Frank 151 little feature on them must have cause more Wu-Wear searches in a week on ebay than probably the last 5 years combined.

dolo you took me back to 1994. when i heared a rumor that this hot new group wu-tang clan had like 20 heads rockin one mic and they opened a store near the stapleton projects. I don't think they really had a store but I did try to find it. i was able to buy some of the orginal gear at phat farm early '95, i even copped the method man tee. the one with the wu symbol upside down for meth. so to answer you question, yes. wu was a culture within a culture. people see that wu and they know you aint nutin ta fu#k with! i'm going to ebay right now.

I DON'T THINK THAT ANYONE IN OUR "GENERATION" WILL COP. FIGURE THE TIME IT TOOK KIDS TO GET BACK INTO SEX PISTOLS AND ALL THAT SHIT. GIVE IT LIKE, 15 YEARS. ABOUT THE SAME TIME IT TOOK FOR KIDS TO GET BACK INTO SHELLTOES AND GRAFF LIKE IN THE EARLY 90'S. ALTHOUGH I WAS TALKING TO A WU WEAR EMPLOYEE AND IT'S HUGE IN GERMANY AND AMSTERDAM. EUROS ARE FUNNY...

SHIT IS WACK

• 2 years later...

I used to live in Staten Island before I relocated to Jersey 3 years ago.Wu-Wear was very much real store at the bottom of Victory Bvd. by Bay St., not too far from St. George Ferry. When I was younger I always thought it was so weird seeing a store named after a one of the rap groups I was into. I never got to go into the store because it closed down before I started buying my own clothes but my older brother went there alot because he got his hair cut next door. He got all kinds of cool shit...mostly Tshirts and stickers, some of which I still have in my house somewhere.

Super-true story: My dad used to own a computer shop on Bay street (in the big yellow warehouse thats now a furniture store by Mcdonalds and White Castle for all you Staten Island heads). There were alot of other shops in the buidling too so there were always people around. My brother and I were just chillin when I see him walk up to some guy with ridiculous braids and some other guy too. I followed him because thats what I did when I was younger. They talked about something for a bit and then the two guys dispersed. Afterward I asked them who they were. He said "That was Ol Dirty Bastard and Method Man, they're in the Wu-Tang Clan."

i remember talking my brother out of some wu wear. i remember telling him 'you dont even own a wu album, what if you buy an album and you hate it youll never wear, the clothes again.' to this day he does not own a wu tang album