fried chicken...

Guest Phrost

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chicken strips - also known as chicken strips or chicken fingers, this is one of the most common forms of fried chicken, generally pieces of chicken breast (sometimes with rib meat) cut into long strips, breaded or battered dipped, and deep fried.
  • Chicken nuggets
  • Buffalo wings, or the boneless buffalo fingers
  • Popcorn chicken - occasionally known as chicken bites or other similar terms, small morsels of boneless chicken, battered and fried, resulting in little nuggets that resemble popcorn.
  • Chicken patties - breaded, fried patties of chicken meat used in sandwiches.
  • Chicken Fries - chicken nuggets in the shape of french fries, popularized by the fast-food chains Burger King, KFC and Hungry Jack's. These may also be referred to as chicken sticks.
  • Chicken Chipees - chicken meat chopped and shaped into chips coated with potato crumbs. Popular in Australia
  • Chicken Karaage
  • Chicken Katsu
  • Country Fried Chicken - chicken meat that has been coated with flour or breaded,fried and served topped with country cream gravy.
  • Crispy fried chicken - a dish from the Cantonese cuisine of China
  • Chicken fried steak
  • Crispy fried chicken

A variant of fried chicken known as prawn paste chicken or shrimp paste chicken ("xia jiang ji" "虾酱雞", or "har cheong kai" in Cantonese) can be found in Hongkong-style restaurants in Singapore and Malaysia. This variety is not dissimilar to the common deep-fried version, except that the breading mixture includes pureed shrimp and ginger juice, giving it a distinctive aroma and flavor. The origin of prawn paste chicken is unknown, but various sources name it as Macau or Shandong.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck yeah, Roscoe's is the truth.

Other than that it's all about....

Logo_Animation5.gif

I find it funny that a place with such a name doesn't have a single store in Louisiana. I've lived in New Orleans for 14 years, but never got into southern style fried chicken. That Korean chicken article has me intrigued though. Will definitely try some when I move up to NYC later this week.

i used to eat at popeyes pretty often until I found out the brown chunks in the gravy were scraps/scrapings from the chicken deep fryer

Same wit KFC (all fast food chain stores)

scraps from the deep fryer and premix package plus water

pack the scaps firm to extract the juices and mix with the powder and then simmer.

oh those good old KFC kitchen part time job days...

what is so wrong about deep fryer scraps? its delicious oil and batter and chicken juices. if kfc started marketing KFC KRISPERS, and all it was was crunchy-as-fuck bits of fryer scraps, i'd try it at least once.

Its lots and lots of new+old oil, dough and salt mixed together in little bits. You'll seriously clog some major blood after eating a pack man.

and its not really scraps, it like a paste when hot

when you collect it after cleaning the fryer bag it up and put it in the fridge for gray use, its like a big bag of brown fat.