Sign in to follow this  
homi29

canadian cats, how much u paying for duties on jeans

anyone ordering jeans online, how much do they charge you at the border..

im thinking of ordering in some APCs or Nudies online from Europe, just wondering if i'd get raped on the duties..

in which case i wouldn't save much money, and id be better off just buying them in store

i find most of the time you can buy at the store and save money. My only option for online purchases is mostly due to not finding size in the store or just unique item or brand that you cant find.

If it's marked as a gift and valued under $60, you'll be okay.

Canada Customs sucks serious ass.

Its based on the province its being shipped to and its value. Most likely you will be charged on both gst & pst.

if you can get it here, dont waste your money with customs.

Get the shipper to mark it as a gift and mark the value under $25. You can also mark it "promotional, no resale value".

Also, if you use UPS, theyll charge you a $30 brokerage fee on top of the customs.

My friend paid 50 bucks for duties on her UGGs boots.

so yeah, Canadian customs are a bitch

i paid 60 bucks duty for my apcs...however, i was going to order another pair and i emailed them and asked if they could list them as 'exchange' and they seemed absolutely willing to do that so to avoid the charge.

Quote:

Get the shipper to mark it as a gift and mark the value under $25. You can also mark it "promotional, no resale value".

Also, if you use UPS, theyll charge you a $30 brokerage fee on top of the customs.

--- Original message by culture on Nov 1, 2005 09:59 AM

UPS are the biggest, greediest, assholes of the shipping world. I make it a point never to order anything from a company who ships UPS. They even charge that bullshit fee on top of items listed as gifts. I'd rather wait the extra 2-3 days for USPS than to give those fuckers one dime of my money.

^^ werd

i got charged 30 bucks by UPS just for the brokerage fee once.. on top of customs

now im ALWAYS careful about who and how they ship...

I'm in ontario btw, but ill likely be buying off a site, and not ebay (too wary of fakes), so if they mark it as a gift , i should be in the clear right.