Have you ever bought....

obladi

all the time. Acouple years ago, they had the only denim jacket that fit properly. The evil company does produce some fine stuff basics from time to time ... i know i am not the only one here who appreciates the Banana Republic stretch t-shirts

Yes.... well sort of.

This weekend I bought a pair of "black coffee" slim fit 5 pocket cords that I really liked in the store. The word "Gap" only appear on the inside tag, there is no stupid label on the outside. I would really love a pair of Dior cords or Cloak cords but $300 is way too much for my budget. These were only $29.95.

The only downside is they do not make my size! I tried on 28 x 30 which fit very well around the hips, ass, and thighs, but they were 2 1/2 inches too short. Ideally I could buy a 28 x 32 or 28 x 34 (and have 1 1/2 inches hemmed off) but gap does not make any size near that. I had to settle for 30 x 32 which I would have to wear a belt with (30 x 34 isn't even available). I am not happy with the size and will be returning them.

Gap does not fit me, but other than that I like it for the price.

obviously you aren't the only one insecure about it....

HOWEVER, that doesn't make it right or healthy.

gap is too low key to really give a shit...i did cut the stitching off the back pockets of my h&m slim fits. i mean, those are on the outside and pretty noticeable, plus i didn't really like them so much as i liked the cut/look of the jeans... i guess to each their own.

I totally don't care. I would wear my DH denims, with a Gap or Old Navy tank. Nobody would care if they see the tag. Besides its a plain looking piece of clothing, no one would even know if your tank is Margiella or Gap.

A copy of the PM I sent to Dangydang in case anyone else is interest...

Yes, I do live in the US, right outside of New York.

I am almost positive that this is what I bought in "black coffee":

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=7192&pid=316367

The model they are using is probably wearing 32x34 or something around that size and in my opinion the photo does not do the cords justice. I would post pictures of what they look like on me (very good for $29.95 in my opinion) but I do not have a digital camera!

Quote: that's really low i mean i dont wanna sound like a douche but come on dude
Quote: IF YOU REALLY LIKE IT, DON'T BE SO SHALLOW AND KEEP THEM ON. GAP DOESN'T SUPPORT NAZI'S, THEY AREN'T HATED. THEY'RE GOOD. DON'T BE PRETENTIOUS.

Are you dudes fucking serious? If someone buys an article of clothing. It's theirs do do with, what they will. I ripp the tags off EVERYTHING I own.

Are you saying it's pretentious to UNbrand oneself?

LAME.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Quote:
Quote: that's really low i mean i dont wanna sound like a douche but come on dude
Quote: IF YOU REALLY LIKE IT, DON'T BE SO SHALLOW AND KEEP THEM ON. GAP DOESN'T SUPPORT NAZI'S, THEY AREN'T HATED. THEY'RE GOOD. DON'T BE PRETENTIOUS.

Are you dudes fucking serious? If someone buys an article of clothing. It's theirs do do with, what they will. I ripp the tags off EVERYTHING I own.

Are you saying it's pretentious to UNbrand oneself?

LAME.

--- Original message by TragicBliss on Nov 1, 2005 04:13 PM

Tragic, why do you rip all the labels out of your clothes?

Quote: Tragic, why do you rip all the labels out of your clothes?

Well I dont rip inside labels unless the shit itches me. But anything outwardsly visible I don't really dig. I like clean lines and low profiles. I'm not paying money to advertise for whatever company I'm wearing. A lot of times I'll pass up a purchase because there's no easy way to remove an outward label without it looking clean.

I'll break this rule on occasion when it comes to tee's though. If it;s done right and it's a company I care about or a friends line. Then I'll rock. But other than that, it's a big no-no.

I just bought a 100% wool scarf at the Gap for thirty buck and the first thing I did when I got home was remove the label on the end of it. Clean-as-fuck.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Ditto

I rip tags out of (& off) everything.. & I buy nice shit so its not about flashing some high end logo & fronting on a place like the Gap.

If it looks like I won't be able to get the tag off that bitch, I won't bring it home.

Same with my whip. I fuckin' hate advertising the make & model of a car (logos all over the damn thing)..

Fishing line & a blow dryer!

CLEAN

-Dub

i think gaps fucking shite to be honest... like a plain t shirt in uk gap costs between £10-16 (20-30$) (depending on what cut/material)... the cheap one aint much different than a supermarket t shirt.. get down asda and pick up 2 for 3£ (6$).. im probably a bit bias though, as i cut + sew... even stock t-shirts get a quick run on the machine for a nicer fit..

plus.. topman does 2 tees for a 10er.. which are way nicer fit than the gap ones..

gap blows..

but clearence is cheap.. my pop always get shit on clearence.. but fuck.. gap sucks. even for 'basics' it sucks.