Supreme 2008 F/W

fiveagain

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh. really? ugh.

btw everyone's favorite reseller website is taking pre-orders on the headporter stuff so it looks like that stuff is due soon as well. i'm guesstimating retail at around 150ish based on what they're asking.

according to some people on SS, the wallet has already dropped and retail is $160.

very crooks and alife like.....

I never said the 3 brands had the same aesthetic, i simply said that they hold the same cache amongst their respective consumers. I.E ones no more special in actuality then the next and its merely your perception of the brand that either makes it coveted or not.

I never said the 3 brands had the same aesthetic, i simply said that they hold the same cache amongst their respective consumers. I.E ones no more special in actuality then the next and its merely your perception of the brand that either makes it coveted or not.

explain cuz Supreme in every way is superior regardless of consumer perspective

explain cuz Supreme in every way is superior regardless of consumer perspective

This is the last time im gonna do this, so here goes..

All 3 companies use a mixture of Canadian based fleece manufactures and Chinese factories to produce their clothing lines. All 3 companies have ideals that are at the core of their brand (Supreme skate and NYC, Alife Downtown NYC and Art, Crooks Crime and LA/Long Beach). All 3 companies make limited product that is made limited to build hype and cache in the brand. All 3 companies create double label product with other key brands and or peers.

I understand that Supreme has close to 6-8 yrs in age on the other 2, but age doesnt make you automatically better. Supreme is more selective with their wholesale accts but they can be due to the rapid consumption in the japanese market prior to 2006. If Japan never picked up on the brand I'd think that Supreme would be selling at some of those stores we feel are too commercial or watered down (debate this all you like but its been stated over and over in this thread how Supreme has been making more strides to line their pockets as a company lately. Imagine if they didnt have that overseas cushion).

So basically you have 3 companies that use the same outlets to produce their goods, have the same concept of using an ethos to be the backbone of their brand, do the same things to garner media and consumer attention. When you look at it like that whats left is just your opinion of the brands and whether you like them or not. I like Supreme more than the other 2, but I know people who grew up in NY skating and think the brands a joke and would rather wear alife. I've seen kids wear head to toe crooks because they feel like it reps their lifestyle for better or worse. I cant say that they're worng and my clothes are better when the quality and the way the companies are run is the same. You can disagree but i'll stick by the statement that you're betting with you're heart if you do.

This is the last time im gonna do this, so here goes..

All 3 companies use a mixture of Canadian based fleece manufactures and Chinese factories to produce their clothing lines. All 3 companies have ideals that are at the core of their brand (Supreme skate and NYC, Alife Downtown NYC and Art, Crooks Crime and LA/Long Beach). All 3 companies make limited product that is made limited to build hype and cache in the brand. All 3 companies create double label product with other key brands and or peers.

I understand that Supreme has close to 6-8 yrs in age on the other 2, but age doesnt make you automatically better. Supreme is more selective with their wholesale accts but they can be due to the rapid consumption in the japanese market prior to 2006. If Japan never picked up on the brand I'd think that Supreme would be selling at some of those stores we feel are too commercial or watered down (debate this all you like but its been stated over and over in this thread how Supreme has been making more strides to line their pockets as a company lately. Imagine if they didnt have that overseas cushion).

So basically you have 3 companies that use the same outlets to produce their goods, have the same concept of using an ethos to be the backbone of their brand, do the same things to garner media and consumer attention. When you look at it like that whats left is just your opinion of the brands and whether you like them or not. I like Supreme more than the other 2, but I know people who grew up in NY skating and think the brands a joke and would rather wear alife. I've seen kids wear head to toe crooks because they feel like it reps their lifestyle for better or worse. I cant say that they're worng and my clothes are better when the quality and the way the companies are run is the same. You can disagree but i'll stick by the statement that you're betting with you're heart if you do.

fair enough but in this particular case the "ethos" of Supreme is much more layered and and deeply rooted in street, youth culture inspiration. Much more than just nyc / skate. Its hits you on so many different levels, music, religion, movies, nostlagia etc. Why do you some many people are attracted to it? Why do you their threads in sufu on this shit?

You can make arguments for brands like stussy and such but alife?, crooks?

Alife is a Supreme rip. Their atempt to be the other store in nyc with a boutique/nyc street atmosphere is lame and feels synthetic. Supreme does not fuck with them because of that. Also Supreme has embraced arts much more than alife. (neckface, gonz, harring, Terry rich, kaws and a bunch others. A new york times joutnalist called supreme the "chanel of skatewear" That would make alife oldnavy. alife is rots. The supreme ny owner doesnt own the supremes in japan and thats why their are so many. They are very selective of accounts in the states so you wont be seeing them in marshalls (LRG) anytime soon.

I got no problems with crooks, they stepped up from just a print screen tee company but would they be around if supreme wasnt? Or alife for that matter.

;)

The Miles tee from last year fit TINY, hopefully it's not as fucked up this time around.

hahaha good call. I even got doubles of that record, but it sucks and never play it. Classic image though

Comparing Supreme to Alife or Crooks is like comparing Polo to Nautica or Tommy Hilfiger. Gimme a fucking break.

Supreme is a lifestyle brand. I can hardly say the same about Alife or Crooks. Every other tee, hoody, etc. by Alife and Crooks is just a flip on four or five different in house logos.

fair enough but in this particular case the "ethos" of Supreme is much more layered and and deeply rooted in street, youth culture inspiration. Much more than just nyc / skate. Its hits you on so many different levels, music, religion, movies, nostlagia etc. Why do you some many people are attracted to it? Why do you their threads in sufu on this shit?

You can make arguments for brands like stussy and such but alife?, crooks?

Alife is a Supreme rip. Their atempt to be the other store in nyc with a boutique/nyc street atmosphere is lame and feels synthetic. Supreme does not fuck with them because of that. Also Supreme has embraced arts much more than alife. (neckface, gonz, harring, Terry rich, kaws and a bunch others. A new york times joutnalist called supreme the "chanel of skatewear" That would make alife oldnavy. alife is rots. The supreme ny owner doesnt own the supremes in japan and thats why their are so many. They are very selective of accounts in the states so you wont be seeing them in marshalls (LRG) anytime soon.

I got no problems with crooks, they stepped up from just a print screen tee company but would they be around if supreme wasnt? Or alife for that matter.

Save all that deep rooted mess. Its a skate shop that caught a buzz and rode it to where its at now. It started as a skateshop, not as the store it is today.

Calling Alife a rip is completely unfounded. The 1st Alife opened on Orchard st in 99. Supreme was still just a skate shop then. The dunks hadnt even come out yet and that was the 1st thing that tipped the brand into what it is now. I dont even know if they had done a shoe with Vans yet.

Alife sold footwear, clothes, provided art direction for Mass Appeal (Jest is fam with Supreme, hence the big article on Supreme in Mass Appeal. Pics are here.) and other clients, and hosted art openings all under the same roof. None of that was done by Supreme save for the selling of shoes and clothes. Is it just because they both have a red/white logo you think they're biting? Alife took the Life Magazine logo, Supreme took theirs from Barbara Krueger. They are both biting someone else.

At the very least they put Jest (Alife owner) and Dash Snow (alife worker come artist) in the Friends and Family section and modeling for the supreme book in 2005.

And Supreme took plenty of influence from the likes of PNB, 555 Soul, Xlarge, Fuct, Etc so would Supreme be around if not for them?

Last James gets a cut of all the stores in Japan plus the stores buy the clothing from James. Hence the ability to keep his company in the black and not have to sell unsold stock to accounts like "marshalls".

i don't care if you've worn supreme for years, or weeks.

i'm going to safely assume that you have no vested involvement with supreme past what you choose to wear ... and what you see other people wear and how you relate to them.

and there is nothing wrong with that because that's the fucking world.

if you don't want to be associated then stop wearing supreme ... or realize that wearing supreme doesn't make you associated.

who really cares ?

this forum tends to care way too much about the other dude, and their approval.

Save all that deep rooted mess. Its a skate shop that caught a buzz and rode it to where its at now. It started as a skateshop, not as the store it is today.

Calling Alife a rip is completely unfounded. The 1st Alife opened on Orchard st in 99. Supreme was still just a skate shop then. The dunks hadnt even come out yet and that was the 1st thing that tipped the brand into what it is now. I dont even know if they had done a shoe with Vans yet.

Alife sold footwear, clothes, provided art direction for Mass Appeal (Jest is fam with Supreme, hence the big article on Supreme in Mass Appeal. Pics are here.) and other clients, and hosted art openings all under the same roof. None of that was done by Supreme save for the selling of shoes and clothes. Is it just because they both have a red/white logo you think they're biting? Alife took the Life Magazine logo, Supreme took theirs from Barbara Krueger. They are both biting someone else.

At the very least they put Jest (Alife owner) and Dash Snow (alife worker come artist) in the Friends and Family section and modeling for the supreme book in 2005.

And Supreme took plenty of influence from the likes of PNB, 555 Soul, Xlarge, Fuct, Etc so would Supreme be around if not for them?

Last James gets a cut of all the stores in Japan plus the stores buy the clothing from James. Hence the ability to keep his company in the black and not have to sell unsold stock to accounts like "marshalls".

All the deep rooted mess is what makes it what it is. The fact that it started as a skate shop and became a nyc icon is the whole point. Alife came in the game assuming a position, demanding the same respect and acclaim that a brand like supreme did but not earning it which is why it feels synthectic.

Their not biting in the sense of picking and choosing designs but instead putting on a front. Saying that , Ive never even seen anybody rock their shit anyway so they must be doing something right. Thats not even my gripe, its the thought that anyone with knowlegde of both brands can put them on the same level. They are the poor mans supreme no matter how much more expensive their tees are.

Supreme is nothing like any of those brands you named and havent been influenced by them, but rather doing slightly similar things around similar times which is easier to see now since supreme elipse's all those brands today.

Whether or not brand integrity will still be strong in the future admitedly doubtful but they had a hell of a run so far.

^^ wrong, wrong, wrong

and how do you get off claiming alife demands respect? the only respect you, me, alife, supreme whatever wants is money in their pocket.

alife is a good sneaker shop, they have history, its a different bird than supreme, not my steez at least for the clothes, but the only one "fronting" here is you.

throw this is superGARBAGE please

supreme-miles-davis-tees.jpg

so at least i can stay a little bit on topic, this is via hypebeast...

some more miles davis stuff, looks good to me!