Supreme 2008 F/W

fiveagain

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mlproject is winning at this thread, the rest of you are just sleeping.

nah, he's just biting:

i bet no one would want the kids t-shirt if it were $20 on the taang website but that's the great thing about supreme, you can get punk/hc band t-shirts for twice as much as they cost on st marks because hey you wouldn't wear them otherwise, would you?

...just like i was down with the wu when he was in 3rd grade :P

btw that 11/1 catalog release date was just for japan, right? wouldn't be surprised if they were out either today or next thurs in the us.

I vaguely remember last years catalog being a tuesday release.

Vans are weak this season. :(

The Bad Brains merch is getting out of control. I like when they spin old logo's, but just putting a Supreme tag on a Bad Brains shirt you can buy anywhere is bleh.

*edit

Heres a new beanie!

beanieep5.jpg

w460.png

+1 for kinokuniya. asahiya had them as well, but way later (its usually the other way around ... asahiya gets stuff first). i think the supreme store was $15 or 20 and the bookstores are like 11.70 or something.

not necessarily. ape catalogs and honeyee mags were always first at kinokuniya. recently i have noticed asahiya getting their stuff in quicker... but whatever.

^^ Thats some detail right there... Im only interested in the green ol skools though. The leather looks amazing.. oiled?

this pic looks like they're oiled

Those old skools are definitely black.

supreme-vans.jpg

but this one doesn't really...

..Any word on the Supreme Mountain Editions????

340700716.jpg

i'm thinking that the crappy pic just looks oiled, but they're not really. looks more like a weathered suede.

any word on when they drop? the mtn velcro is growing on me...

Mag for A/W 08

thumb.jpg

Photography by Ari Marcopoulos.

Feature interviews with artists Harmony Korine, Christopher Wool Malcolm Mclaren & Thom Browne. Q & A's with Richard Prince, Adam Yauch, Christian Hosoi and Mike Mills. Special model shoot by Terry Richardson.

Available at the NY, LA and online stores early November. Available at all Japan stores on November 1st.

click here for more information

Black and Tan Leather Down Jackets were out yesterday, $598, quality is incredible. The leather just feels great and the fit is spot on. I would feel pretty dumb if I paid the price for those varsity jackets when the leather down jacket is not much more and much warmer.

Wool M65 is really flimsy, $298, would not cop.

Same for the field jackets, they are around $268 I think, but also light as a feather and would not keep one warm. I think the ones from last year were thicker, or at least it seemed that way.

I honestly think that those wool cruisers were the best deal of the season.

Earflap new eras, $48, looked really nice, but I wouldn't be able to pull one off.

Otherwise, everything else is pretty much there. Im just waiting for the cord duffels to come out.

Black and Tan Leather Down Jackets were out yesterday, $598, quality is incredible. The leather just feels great and the fit is spot on. I would feel pretty dumb if I paid the price for those varsity jackets when the leather down jacket is not much more and much warmer.

don't you find the price tag on the leather down a bit discouraging though?

Earflap new eras, $48, looked really nice, but I wouldn't be able to pull one off.

camp caps, not new eras

the leather down jkts are one of the view items that are priced better than whatever they are using for reference. The quilted one from 06 you could even argue as mostly an original design. Save for Schott, i dont know of any leather down coats that are priced below $600 that have a similar look. I know triple fat goose was trying to come back but the bulk of their jackets were $1000 + retail.

If anyone does know of leather downs with a similar look for less money (excluding schott) please pm me.

the leather down jkts are one of the view items that are priced better than whatever they are using for reference. The quilted one from 06 you could even argue as mostly an original design. Save for Schott, i dont know of any leather down coats that are priced below $600 that have a similar look. I know triple fat goose was trying to come back but the bulk of their jackets were $1000 + retail.

If anyone does know of leather downs with a similar look for less money (excluding schott) please pm me.

any one have a pic of any supreme leather thats been worn for a while? would like to see how it holds up

don't you find the price tag on the leather down a bit discouraging though?

camp caps, not new eras

Yes my good man, the price tag is a bit discouraging. Wonder how you were able to read my mind. I pretend like im poor on SS but didnt bother mentioning the discouraging price point on sufu to try to maintain a rep. :D

My most sincere apologies about misuse of the terminology related to a hat that has ear flaps that looks like a new era. Will you ever forgive me?

i don't disagree, i was quoting a differently worded stock update the dude posted on another forum:

Leather down jackets are out, black and tan, $598

Ive never been interested in one before, but this seasons leather looks and feels great. The price tag is a bit discouraging though.

i actually had the leather down from last season but ditched it and picked up this season's varsity because i was just never going to wear it for fear of screwing it up. just because it's value for money doesn't mean it's a good buy. the varsity is much tougher