Street Fighter Thread

Ichigo100%

on psn right now

psn: lenniwinkz

i dont get to play much and my connection usually blows, but everything seems fine at this second..

time to level dat AE cammy.

oops, gotta run now

definitely like to play you fellas some other time, though.

whats your psn, jeebebus? i could learn a thing or two about the new cammy.

99 marvel seconds is tournament standard. unlike the smash community, the rest of the fighting game world more or less sticks to standard settings

no-time is not legitimate as it eliminates the reward of gaining a life lead, as the person in the lead cannot sit and wait for a win by time out. it also sort of ruins x-factor -- you can hold onto it forever and aren't really pressured into using it if say, you have 30 seconds left as most people do

you can't lame out a phoenix sitting on 5 bars if you have 3 characters left and 20 seconds on the clock. she isn't forced to burn x-factor to try to do damage, etc. she can sit and wait for you to turn her into dark phoenix

i wonder why you even bring this up

good points bernie

I bring it up cuz my roommates and i have been getting pretty serious at mvc3.

He ranks more or less the same as me but cant beat me by completely depleting my health. He wins by time running out which I argued isnt considered a real win (even tho it would be online)

We ended it at 4-3, but 3 of his 4 wins were from timing out.

Now itd be one thing if he completely effed my b and had 3 characters left and time ran out but he always barely meeks in wins at the last second.

He then suggested we turn the time off to see who wins that way but I argued that its a completely different game if theres no clock and negates a lot of the gameplay features

I could just be salty from losing 3 time decisions in a row

good points bernie

I bring it up cuz my roommates and i have been getting pretty serious at mvc3.

He ranks more or less the same as me but cant beat me by completely depleting my health. He wins by time running out which I argued isnt considered a real win (even tho it would be online)

We ended it at 4-3, but 3 of his 4 wins were from timing out.

Now itd be one thing if he completely effed my b and had 3 characters left and time ran out but he always barely meeks in wins at the last second.

He then suggested we turn the time off to see who wins that way but I argued that its a completely different game if theres no clock and negates a lot of the gameplay features

I could just be salty from losing 3 time decisions in a row

if you two are playing offline and your matches are being decided by time, i think you guys need to level up your combo and execution.

marvel has a huge damage output, an almost broken combo system with the implementation of the DHC trick, and various levels of xfactor to keep combos going. any hit or throw you get should be a touch of death combo (at least, thats how my team works.. and most teams with magneto ,wesker, wolverine, dante, sentinel, etc etc) 99 marvel seconds is super long.. guess it's time to jump into training mode and work on your bread and butters and team combos. trust me, there's always room for innovation and improvement .thats what i like so much about marvel. i can always hop into training mode and work on something new or inventive. i like blowing people up with it and hearing their reactions to my relatively unique team as well ^_^

gl

i think one of my main flaws is my team: morrigan, hulk, dormamu

Dormamu is solely for assists and spamming that fireball special. Hes too slow for me to use effectively.

thinking bout subbing akuma for dormamu

well that explains things. morrigan sucks and her damage output is shitty for all the effort and meter it takes to do a combo with her. i'd drop her, lol

dormammu is a good character if you know how to use him right. he can be really fast if you use a beam assist + teleport crossup, it's really hard to block it. for example

from full screen, call magneto EM disruptor then teleport up and behind your opponent, coming down with j.S. chances are your opponent did not block the EM disruptor which gets you the S. to land to full combo. even if they do block the disruptor, you're still in an overhead position, so they have to block that too..

hulk is w/e and needs assists to get in as well. drop morrigan for taskmaster. lol. easy 800k combos