Community College

okayjustin

• 2 weeks later...

guys help me out.

i wanna go to USC, but got rejected.

so i can either go to UC Irvine, or go to a CC and try to transfer in one year.

Would you guys settle UCI, or try for USC once more...how hard is it to transfer in one year saying I get a 3.8-4.0, and do I need extra curriculars??

I feel UCI lacks diversity.

thanks for the input guys.

IIRC transferring to privates is a lot harder. the state supports transferring to UCs, but not for privates of course. find some transfer statistics, call the admissions office and ask them how you would go about transferring, etc.

but i dont understand, how are you still deciding so late in the process? decisions were like done by may. are you enrolled at UCI currently and just thinking about going to a CC?

guys help me out.

Would you guys settle UCI, or try for USC once more...how hard is it to transfer in one year saying I get a 3.8-4.0, and do I need extra curriculars??

you can choose to go to UCI and then transfer to a better UC in a year. one of my highschool classmates did UCSD to UCLA in a year. or you can go to CC and then try transferring to USC. I know a couple of highschool friends did De Anza for a year and then transferred to USC right after. USC is supposed to be not that hard to transfer into from CC but I dunno about getting in from a UC school though.

just go to assist.org and read the collegeconfidential.com forums for more info.

guys help me out.

Beyond hard so I hear, there's really a slim chance your going to get into USC if your already in a good schoool ( any UC), these days they tend to give most spots to CC tranfers and whats left is then given to the others ( small pickings). I don't know how smart you are but getting the 3.8-4.0 is pressure enough for some and on top of that you gotta be a hell of a stand out to get one of those transfer spots. At least at some CC you have a gurantee of getting into USC after so many units and other requirements ( least at the CC I went too).

When I called a while back the lady at USC told me straight up you already at a good school so theyre not going to give you the time of day unless your some outstanding student and that's not just a good GPA. But thats only what i heard could be wrong on this I guess. But hey if you dont get in your still at the UC instead of a CC.

thanks guys! i think im gonna go to CC instead. anyone been to pasadena city college? any experiences? I went to a Top 100 National public school and got a 4.0+, so I hopefully can do the same at PCC.

As for recs and all, how do u ask teachers to write recs after like 2 months?? and do I list my HS record for extra curriculars, since I cant do much in one semester?

thanks guys for the help! much appreciated.