Summer Olympics

KyleFall

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was about to pass out yesterday until women's softball came on and it was USA vs. netherlands, whose records coming into the game were 5 - 0 and 0 - 5 respectively... i stayed awake for that shit. MAN did it go poorly.

IIRC China took it because her raw execution score was greater than Nastia's, which leads me to believe Nastia had a higher start value.. but in the event in a tiebreaker execution wins. Kinda dumb, they should've just given co-golds.

IIRC China took it because her raw execution score was greater than Nastia's, which leads me to believe Nastia had a higher start value.. but in the event in a tiebreaker execution wins. Kinda dumb, they should've just given co-golds.

so in gymnastic, they cant have 2 gold medals, but for events like swimming, they can? Cuz i remember one of the swimming events they handed brazil and u.s. silver medal.

stole this from a friend...

The Chinese calling him “The Flying American Fishâ€

and according to NDTV"

While his talent and hard-work are well-documented, Phelps owes his success largely to his amazing physique which boasts of some unique features that leads to the belief that he was born only to swim.He has a long, thin torso that is just what a swimmer aspires for and he weighs 195 pound.

Generally, a man’s arm span equals his height but in his case it’s 6′7″ — three inches more than his height. Naturally his arms work as powerful propulsive paddles, giving him a clear edge over others.

His lower body, interestingly, is shorter than that of an average man of his height. His relatively short legs result in less drag or resistance. In short, Phelps has an upper body of a 6′8″ person but his lower body seems to be of someone who is only 5″10″, which also make the perfect plane in water.

His size 14 feet may not dwarf Ian Thrope’s size 17 but Phelps’ double-jointed ankles allow him to do a ballerina’s ‘pointe’ standing on the tips of the toes. It allows him to whip his feet as if those are flippers and break loose.

His unique constitution also produces less lactic acid than others which means Phelps takes less time to recover. And if he looks indefatigable at times, it’s because of the Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, which he was diagnosed with at the tender age of nine. His daily routine is equally mindboggling.

He consumes 12,000 calorie every day and trains 96 km every week. Naturally it was hardly surprising when Russian swimmer Alexander Sukhorukov went on to describe Phelps as “just a normal person, from a different planet, a planet from a different galaxy.â€

namorphelps5.jpg

namorphelps8.jpg

namorphelps6.jpg

namorphelps3.jpg

namorphelps7.jpg

namorphelps2.jpg

namorphelps4.jpg

namorphelps.jpg

liu_cs_20080818002320.jpg

Dude was going to be a hero. Now he'll just be age 30 at the next olympics.

he was already a hero. hes a beast, i was in Shanghai (his hometown) when he broke the world record in Athens. but this year... this chinaman played everybody. he knew well in advance that he wasnt going to race, but he led everybody to believe he was. he cashed in his hype and got millions in endorsements and thousands of people bought admission to this event just to see him. but the whole time he knew he wasnt going to race, what a fucking let down. i couldnt have imagined the pressure on him though.

my biggest regret of life:

was

i used to be ranked gymnasts in 5th grade. a lot of my co-teammates went on to junior olympics, and one of my coaches at that time (when he was 17/18) is the capitain of the U.s gym team.

i could've been them. fuck my life

similar situation for me, I wish I would have taken track more seriously. If I could do it all over I would have dedicated myself so much more.

he was already a hero. hes a beast, i was in Shanghai (his hometown) when he broke the world record in Athens. but this year... this chinaman played everybody. he knew well in advance that he wasnt going to race, but he led everybody to believe he was. he cashed in his hype and got millions in endorsements and thousands of people bought admission to this event just to see him. but the whole time he knew he wasnt going to race, what a fucking let down. i couldnt have imagined the pressure on him though.

A disgusting piece of shit.

I seriously hate that retard.

This dude is bullshit. I was in the fucking stadium that morning when he backed out. Literally the entire crowd was there that day to see him, and you could just feel the spirit of the people get crushed when he walked out. People started getting up and leaving even though other contestants were still going to race, nobody gave a shit. Day was over.

I don't know how much coverage they showed on TV, but he took a practice run and immediately started limping. Rubbed his ankle a bit, then started changing and took his shirt off in front of everyone which was weird. He looked ready to go then all of a sudden walked out. If he knew he wasn't going to race that day this was a fucked up thing to do.