Summer Olympics

KyleFall

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: who's going to compete in the 100m Freestyle for the US? I thought it would be Phelps, but I wonder if Lezac will be a better bet considering his performance in the relay. His split was quicker than that of Phelps, right?

The 100 free places are selected at Olympic Trials, where the top two finishers get to swim the individual race. Garrett Weber-Gale won at Trials and Lezak was second, so they'll be the two.

Eamon Sullivan of AUS has the WR, because only the first leg of the relay can be counted as a record.

Here's my problem with the games: Pretty much everything they show on TV throughout the day is pre-recorded and edited down. So why is it, NBC, that you can't tell me what time an event is going to come on? Instead I have to sit through an hour of volleyball because your thing said it'd be on sometime between 11:00-2:30 just to see 15 minutes of rowing that you chopped up. Then I find out what I was really waiting for, the 8s, was canceled and would be seen Monday at a time never to be disclosed. Lame.

Here's my problem with the games: Pretty much everything they show on TV throughout the day is pre-recorded and edited down. So why is it, NBC, that you can't tell me what time an event is going to come on? Instead I have to sit through an hour of volleyball because your thing said it'd be on sometime between 11:00-2:30 just to see 15 minutes of rowing that you chopped up. Then I find out what I was really waiting for, the 8s, was canceled and would be seen Monday at a time never to be disclosed. Lame.

welcome to america :( where nobody fucking cares about sports that americans are not dominating. i have 6 channels of olympics and all of it is pre-recorded nbc shit. i watch most of it online from european tv stations.

^^

TH Park's 400m freestlye already made the masses cum in their pants. Shit is being replayed like the fucking 2002 World Cup on ALL the local broadcasts.

But yeah, the coverage here in Korea is decent. We be watching this during work hours and no one gives a fuck as long as Korea get some MEDALZ!

I heard one of the announcers yesterday talking about how the womens beach volleyball players are becoming more unified (like the brazilian team) by hugging after ever point. He then went on to explain how that might be a problem as they are rubbing sweat on each others arms so that they could control the ball play. He suggested nuzzeling as opposed to hugging. spot on.

Did anyone else hear one of the commentators say that this could be the greatest achievement in Chinas history...ever. I mean, its definitely really epic and important, but like, they built a fucking wall with strictly man power that you can see from space...

Did anyone else hear one of the commentators say that this could be the greatest achievement in Chinas history...ever. I mean, its definitely really epic and important, but like, they built a fucking wall with strictly man power that you can see from space...

You can't see the wall from outer space, that's a myth from chinese government PR. Also it was one of the most expensive projects that cost who knows how many thousands of lives and was largely ineffective. The majority of the wall is completely decayed and the "Great Wall" you see in any form of media is actually a much, much newer construction that the reigning emperor refused to call "great wall" because of how unpopular the original one still was among the people.

I'm pretty sure the Great Wall was considered a massive failure in Chinese history until the Communist regime came to power. In terms of modern politics, this event probably is the most significant achievement in Chinese history.

bush_slap.jpg

whose ass is it? whose ass is it?

that's right. it's the president's ass

i couldn't believe this when i saw it

wtf was she thinking? or doing?

jon stewart said that just going with the back of the hand bump to her lower back could have been the best decision of his presidency

maybe so, but if he had gone for the full on five star on dat ass i might have respected him for the first time in eight years

I know that in the end the U.S. will kick ass in overall and most gold medals for olympics. But it hurts to see us get rocked in gymnastics every time. 1996 was a great year and I wish it can happen again.

One sport I do enjoy watching China destroy everyone in their path without breaking a sweat though is Badminton and it is hardly every shown.

It does help my U.S. pride when I see Michael Phelps scream and flex in triumph like the Hulk though. Very invigorating.

I know that in the end the U.S. will kick ass in overall and most gold medals for olympics. But it hurts to see us get rocked in gymnastics every time. 1996 was a great year and I wish it can happen again.

Yeah, I agree with this totally. I was just talking about this with my father a few nights ago, and we still can't figure out where the hell China came from in gymnastics. It's always been the rivalry between the US and Russia. Now over the past couple of years, it seems that there's been a new rivalry between the US and China. Where did this come from and I guess that China is the new Russia when it comes to gymnastics.