Visvim F/W 08.09

rirawin

what the hell does louis vuitton have to do with visvim? they are 2 completely different businesses and i ain't even talking about the products they sell.completely different marketing strategies, target groups, revenue etc etc.

It makes a lot of sense to LV because their old costumers still buy the limited stuff they come out with, the ghetto fabulous rappers are the tip of the iceberg on their sales. the same does not apply to visvim since i am sure that in comparison the gline and this kind of stuff generates a much higher percentage of their total business revenue than a pair of sunglasses pharrell designed to the total LV sales.

it makes sense to create a product that brings more clients to the table, but to make one that alienates your previous costumers on top of that doesn't. do you see eric clapton, fujiwara or hiroki himself wearing something like this?

no, it doesn't make sense to the brand either. look at a visvim catalogue and tell me in which look does a pair of kiefers with an all-over flower print fits in

what i'm trying to say is that you shouldn't feel alienated.

it's just a little bit of crap they made. you don't have to like it.

they've done much worse.

... and as far as how it fits in to what visvim makes i'd say you could pair the murakami kiefers with that their japan set ... a mayan christo, one of those leopard print scoop tees, those marketing machine joints, kaws joints, fuck even those cow print joints, their madras pants ... the list goes on dude. fuck even those kiefers with those nez pierce triangles were horrible. or those sherling joints ? or even those visvim x undercover wolfe joints ? or to bring up christos again ... but ... christos dude ? the clot x christos ?

you dont have to like it all.

my point is that to expect to like everything a brand likes is a bit far fetched, let alone one such as visvim, which has done collaborations with varied others for a majority of it's history.

i don't think visvim has one look at all. i see awesome pairs paired with crap all the time. just check what did you wear today. that should alienate you.

so working with murakami and hiroshi on a few pairs most of us will never see in person doesn't seem like that bad of an idea. especially because their status and collaboration is more benefit than it is a negative.

i guarantee louis vuitton's normal product sold better with the release of murakami product ... and i bet you it didn't alienate it's "top" customers.

the brands aren't as different as you think ... and it works for both of them.

i still buy some of their stuff.

... and i'm still sure they make stuff you like.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as much as i love alot of visvims stuff, i do gotta agree their starting up the hypebeast machine with all these collabs. seriously. the shoes are good enough on their own, they dont need hypexhypexhype attatched to them to sell the fuck out of stores.

again. they've been making "hypebeast" shoes for years ... let alone product that has "x" involved.

visvim x soph.net

visvim x number nine

visvim x undefeated

visvim x resonate

visvim x neighborhood

visvim x comme des garcons

visvim x uniform experiment

visvim x dover street market

visvim x dita

visvim x mastermid

visvim x clot

visvim x undercover

visvim x original fake

... and that's just shit i can think of right now.

collaborations are a part of their brand DNA.

3 different nomads in ss09.

YES THREE.

shit's outta control...

'thicker' version with a wired hood

two tone (think mid-late-90s colour blocking)

and solid colour tartan/check/? pattern...

Louis Vuitton used Murakami for many of the recent colorful designs that have sold incredibly well for the brand.

i guarantee louis vuitton's normal product sold better with the release of murakami product ... and i bet you it didn't alienate it's "top" customers.

the brands aren't as different as you think ... and it works for both of them.

i still buy some of their stuff.

... and i'm still sure they make stuff you like.

can you people please care to read what i wrote? what i said was exactly this. with LV, murakami sold a lot and pleased many of the brand followers which i am sure will not happen with visvim and this kind of stuff.

oi crew!

some weeks ago i looked a long time in the www for some detail pics and good infos about the Visvim FBT Shaman.

i found nearly nothing!! what a pity!!

3 days ago i bought a pair.

so i'm sharing here my experience with those who also looking for infos.

maybe it helps.

1kistehb9.jpg

2seitenansichtvb1.jpg

3frontseiteaz7.jpg

4zungejp5.jpg

5innencn4.jpg

6vonobenbd4.jpg

7vonganzobenmq7.jpg

8hintendx5.jpg

9shapemalvierre9.jpg

this says a lot about the shape:

be very carefull with the sizing!!!!!!!!!

i usually have a 9 or 9,5 in visvims.

in this one i have a 11!!!!

strange!!

the elk leather is so great and so smooth!!

and the color is the best that i ever saw on suede shoes!

no joke.

POW!

x666x

sorry forgot to quote above.

thanks

I didn't notice the kiefers had the fragment logo on it. i think it's a pity that visvim allows this kind of stuff to happen though. i am sure it is still profitable because fujiwara can probably sell anything with his name attached ... but i highly doubt it is a good marketing strategy(g-line included) because it appeals to very different customers, particularly a group whose aesthetics old visvim fans aren't very keen on. these kind of products are great for exposure, but i don't think it's a good one.

Visvim should be more strict about what people do with their products in their collaborations, this kind of stuff just doesn't make sense with the Visvim brand, don't you agree with me to this extent? some gline stuff was bad, but this murakami bullshit is awful

I have a pair of VisxUndercoverxFragment FBT from 2002/2003 or so, it has a Fragment logo under the fringed skirt near the heel, so it's not the first time Hiroshi has made his mark on a Vis shoe.

The whole brand has its ups and downs (like all g-line fbts.. red blue mustard camo?) but honestly what designer doesn't?

but I kinda wanna see someone wear a yellow nomad and blue chinos with those powerpuff kiefers for fun though

yes, they got them in. three models - the hockneys and two (maybe 3) of the high tops - tonal logan high and the canvas camo ones.

Sorry if this has been posted already.

via Union's email update:

image1.gif

closeups:

visvim-kiefer-hi-two-tone-1.jpg

visvim-2008-kiefer-2tone-hi-2.jpg

visvim-2008-kiefer-2tone-hi-3.jpg

visvim-kiefer-hi-two-tone-2.jpg

I need those black/white kiefers in my life too, Jack

2 tones are not cheap at $398 plus tax

but the suede is top quality

and i think the one you are seeing as black and white is actually dark brown and sand colored. the black is black and grey.

visvim-kiefer-hi-two-tone-2.jpg

That's dark brown and sand colored? Am I going blind :confused:

2 tones are not cheap at $398 plus tax

but the suede is top quality

and i think the one you are seeing as black and white is actually dark brown and sand colored. the black is black and grey.

but theyre pretty cheap at the price you gottem for, eh? ;)

those black kiefers are looking pretty good. but all i want from visvim right now are the black sophnet kiefers, like the ones ordo has. ive never seen them for sale in my size anywhere.

$416 after NYS tax, too...

and yes. those are black. and gray. and white.

I thought that he was talking about the 2nd colorway, which is brown and sand.

the one he is calling black and white is actually black and dark gray and white.

the group shots where you can see the side panels dont do justice to the fact that there are two different shades of suede on the shoe.

they are 2 tones after all.

$416 after NYS tax, too...

and yes. those are black. and gray. and white.

I thought that he was talking about the 2nd colorway, which is brown and sand.

the one he is calling black and white is actually black and dark gray and white.

the group shots where you can see the side panels dont do justice to the fact that there are two different shades of suede on the shoe.

they are 2 tones after all.

I really can't tell from the pics, but I'll take your word for it. I'm guessing the dark gray areas are the material of the heel and around the laceholes? Like how the colors are on the brown/sand ones? Even if they are different colors it's real subtle.. but maybe it's just the pictures. If someone has better pics of the actual color that'd be awesome.

the sides are a very dark grey. alot darker than the grey on the blue/gray two tone.

it is subtle.

if you email Union LA maybe they can take another clearer photo for you.

and if you look close, you can see that it is a slightly lighter shade on the tongue of the shoe than the part by the grommets for the laces..

it does sort of give a two shades of black effect even in person. it is definitely a beautiful version of the Kiefer.