Dior Homme Denim

midnight

dior jeans are very long. i dont think there's an absolute rule stating that you should not hem a pair of diors. after all if the stacking looks perfect on somebody who's 185cm, how is it meant to look on somebody at around 170cm?

hemming the jeans does lower resale, and the hem does get bigger with the more u bring it up because the leg is tapered. however it is marginal, about 1cm roughly.

i've hemmed my diors and they look much better than it did originally. one thing to keep in mind is that, diors are meant to have decent stacking even when you are sitting. dont ever over hem your diors. thats my opinion anyways.

Problem is, if you hem a washed pair, it might look super retarded. But you're right of course, if you keep it long enough, it's usually no big deal. I wouldn't ever do it, though.

@Buda and Pest: Unless you gonna wear day and night for a long time straight, I'd take 28. I mean you could also take 26 but it's just gonna hurt very bad and the smaller it is, the more it stretches and the thinner the denim gets. I understand one should size down but not 3 sizes in my opinion.

if my true waist is 30

should i get 28 or 27 for MIJ Raw?

I'm a true 30 and I went with 28s. They fit me perfectly after stretching (maybe half an inch too big on the waistline, but fine below that.. they stay exactly where they are supposed to be without a belt) although a 27 would have been just fine as well.

Also make sure not to button the clasp until they are done stretching.. I made the mistake of buttoning the clasp from the beginning and the denim around it stretched like crazy.. causing that extra .5" i didn't want..

dior jeans are very long. i dont think there's an absolute rule stating that you should not hem a pair of diors. after all if the stacking looks perfect on somebody who's 185cm, how is it meant to look on somebody at around 170cm?

hemming the jeans does lower resale, and the hem does get bigger with the more u bring it up because the leg is tapered. however it is marginal, about 1cm roughly.

i've hemmed my diors and they look much better than it did originally. one thing to keep in mind is that, diors are meant to have decent stacking even when you are sitting. dont ever over hem your diors. thats my opinion anyways.

yeah i'd agree for sure. i've had both a black and indigo raw MIJ pair hemmed to 35" (i'm 5'6"), and the leg opening is just about the same before the hemming. i don't feel like any additional tapering is needed. just make sure not to over hem like kyniver said; the stacking pulls together the dior aesthetic.

i weigh 140. true waist is about 30.5" or so. i wear 29 for all of my diors (black 19cm raw MIJ hemmed to 35", indigo 19cm raw MIJ hemmed to 35", indigo 19cm raw MII unhemmed). i'm pretty sure i could size down to 28 since i have a decent amount of wiggle room after stretching, but i feel like the fit is spot on for my own body type--slim but not tight. i'll post up fit pics of all of them when i get the chance to. check back late tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Same here. I'm 130lbs and wear 28. They do vary though. Some are real tight on the waist, on some I feel like I could size down perhaps. I had a 27 once, and it was way too tight ... (umc09). So I think I'm a 27.5 or so ..lol

Yeah I know, they are supertight in the waist and stuff. That's why I had to sell my sz27 too ... Fuckin weird if you ask me. I bought a black MiJ raw sz 28 now, I'm not gonna wear it everyday anyways, so I think it's gonna fit perfectly fine.

where does it look huge? is it from the knee down? cuz the upper thigh is almost skin tight (i.e. i cant pinch any extra fabric) and to be fair, i do have big legs. i tried on some 19cms in a size down (28) and i couldnt pull them up cuz they wouldnt go over my thighs. and from what ive read the 19s and the 21s are the same from the knee up.

where does it look huge? is it from the knee down? cuz the upper thigh is almost skin tight (i.e. i cant pinch any extra fabric) and to be fair, i do have big legs. i tried on some 19cms in a size down (28) and i couldnt pull them up cuz they wouldnt go over my thighs. and from what ive read the 19s and the 21s are the same from the knee up.

no offence, but that fit you have on is not flattering on you at all. i say go with a different brand altogether if you're finding the fit not working out for u. diors are reletively wack when it comes to stretching them out.

and if that picture of your jeans was taken the day u bought ur jeans, u did it wrong altogether. u shouldnt be able to do up the clasp at the very least on ur first day.

took me about 4 days before i could do it up...and it was still freaking tight.

greasypeanut, I agree with kyniver you should get something else. You are not tall enough to pull off the stacking. Nor are your legs skinny enough. Get some APC NS or Rescues which the Dior is based after. There is no reason to get Diors unless you can pull them off well because the fabric isn't that great and the only reason is for the cut.

yeah i totally agree with the whole only reason to get them is the cut. i was really disappointed when i went to the store and felt the denim. but i have another reason for buying them. i am doing a 1 year stint in korea and i want some jeans to represent that time spent here. there honestly isnt any other jeans worth getting here, and i dont want to order any online. i think diors are the perfect jean, or at least the perfect brand to represent the time here and the country (reasons i dont want to list as most of them arent positive).

would these jeans look ok if i hemmed them to a 31-32? i dont care about the dior look if u didnt read the long part before this.