Dior Homme Denim

midnight

Firstly, you should have gotten a Made in Japan raw, the denim is just better. Secondly, I don't understand why you bought the 21cm cut. Try the 19cm cut. Thirdly, you can't wear Diors with this kind of shoes! Lastly, hemming rarely bears any benefits, so I'd rather leave it as is.

thanks for the advice guys, ill go and try on a pair of size 28 21cms today, and if i can somehow get them past my thighs, ill stick with them. and if not, ill just keep the 29s and keep em as an expensive ass souvenir and just go to uniqlo for some cheap indigos. the s-002 fit is pretty damn awesome on me.

yeah i totally agree with the whole only reason to get them is the cut. i was really disappointed when i went to the store and felt the denim. but i have another reason for buying them. i am doing a 1 year stint in korea and i want some jeans to represent that time spent here. there honestly isnt any other jeans worth getting here, and i dont want to order any online. i think diors are the perfect jean, or at least the perfect brand to represent the time here and the country (reasons i dont want to list as most of them arent positive).

would these jeans look ok if i hemmed them to a 31-32? i dont care about the dior look if u didnt read the long part before this.

if you want some jeans to represent ur time spent in korea why does it matter if its dior or not? as long as its raw it should still 'represent' ur 1 year time in korea. i think you're getting too worked up about the price tag and brand name. every person on this forum's already said ur legs doesnt suit dior. and thats everything when it comes to jeans. trying all the different brands to see which cut/fit suits you best.

even if u sized down or hemmed the diors, the cut it's designed for is skim legged males. it IS a runway brand afterall, and no offence but, u dont have a runway stature.

but if u insist on staying with dior, dont hem them too much cause thats the whole aesthetic of dior. nice stacking. and i think you should go with 19cm. with a tapered leg, ur shoulders will look more broader and give ur entire body shape more definition. straight legged jeans will make ur whole body one whole tree stump. and...def change the shoes.

not trying to be mean or anything but yeah, hope that helps :)

[edit: go with Made in Japan. the italian denim is crap.]

if you want some jeans to represent ur time spent in korea why does it matter if its dior or not? as long as its raw it should still 'represent' ur 1 year time in korea.

there aren't many raw jean options in korea...its just like america, where distressing is huge. the only raw jean options that ive seen here are dior, apc and uniqlo. apc store only have nc and ns. and finding the raw selvage uniqlos are damn near impossible, i was able to cop some black ones though. and im not worried about the diors representing my time in korea, as i have a pair of sexdbxs09 that are doing that quite nicely already.

i think you're getting too worked up about the price tag and brand name. every person on this forum's already said ur legs doesnt suit dior. and thats everything when it comes to jeans. trying all the different brands to see which cut/fit suits you best.

i totally agree that the jeans dont fit me the way dior jeans should fit, but i disagree that its everything when it comes to jeans. they cover my legs without falling down, thus they fit (smart ass response i know lol) and the price of the jeans dont phase me at all. not that im rich or nething, quite poor lol. but i was happy to find out that they didnt have MIJs since i think they cost more

even if u sized down or hemmed the diors, the cut it's designed for is skim legged males. it IS a runway brand afterall, and no offence but, u dont have a runway stature.
no offense taken at all, i actually think outside of this forum, that would be a compliment.
but if u insist on staying with dior, dont hem them too much cause thats the whole aesthetic of dior. nice stacking. and i think you should go with 19cm. with a tapered leg, ur shoulders will look more broader and give ur entire body shape more definition. straight legged jeans will make ur whole body one whole tree stump. and...def change the shoes.
i thought about the whole hemming thing today, and i realized, I HAVE to hem. and this part will really reflect the while "korea" thing. I work as a english teacher, and in the public schools here you have to wear sandals when you are inside the school. and these diors will primarily be worn inside school. i dont think i could keep up the stacking even if i wanted to. furthermore, ive seen 4 pairs of diors while here, and all of them were hemmed. even the lady who was helping me at the store, cuffed the pants for a "normal" look without me even saying nething.
not trying to be mean or anything but yeah, hope that helps :)

[edit: go with Made in Japan. the italian denim is crap.]

no MIJ denim here :-( and thanks for the reply. maybe in the future i will stop skating (which explains the shoes) and my leg muscle mass will go down enuff for these to work lol.

TLDR: so yeah i agree with everyone here that they dont fit and i know it seems like me even posting an initial fit was pointless since im not listening to the advice anyways but i was still debating at that time. but i figured these wont receive heavy wear anyways and it started to rain and im too lazy to go back and return it. i think ive hijacked this thread enuff. lets talk about something else.

size down on more dude and you should be ok.
if that picture of your jeans was taken the day u bought ur jeans, u did it wrong altogether. u shouldnt be able to do up the clasp at the very least on ur first day.

took me about 4 days before i could do it up...and it was still freaking tight.

This isn't really the best advice. If everyone adheres to this there's gonna be a lot of people buying jeans that are way too tight for them (something which occurs all too often on here). It's not that simple, there's other factors to consider, especially the guy's build. Dior's are supposed to look boxy, slouchy and unconstructed in the top block. I could do the clasp up on my size 28 raws the first time I put them on. This is what they looked like after 9 months.

Dior9months.jpg

The advice about not being able to do the clasp is just one reason why there are so many unflattering pics of Dior's in this thread. The reality is, a lot of guys aren't the right build for them yet they're buying them on advice that they shouldn't be able to do them up anyway. If you have big thighs you shouldn't be wearing Dior's imo, regardless of whether the clasp does up or not.

Ok so there's a lot of pics of terrible fits so I've been going through the pages of this thread and In my opinion these are some of the examples of guys that not only got the fit right but also wear them right.

diormodelst.jpg

This isn't me but I think this guy has the "right" fit on 19cms

1-6-1.jpg

3-4-1.jpg

2-5-1.jpg

19cm Raw MIJ

11 months, 2 washes worn pretty much everyday.

IMG_4579.jpg

19cm mij black raw in size 28

DSC_1710small.jpg

DSC_1708small.jpg

figured id post mine... why the fuck not. MII 21cm... seem to fit better than 99% of the 21s ive seen people post tho...

dscf3833wq1.jpg

Silver Selvage go your same MIJ size, they don't stretch as much but should be fine in my experience.

Fit pics for Jeepster, these are my 17.5 mists

DSCF0043-1.jpg

Size 27, I'm ~5'8'' 125 lbs

TragicBliss' 21cm Raw's

dior21cm10.jpg

Here's a few more

1108_2.jpg

19cms at one month of wear

I figured I'd finally get some fit pics up in here, I borrowed a camera today. Sorry that they suck, best I can do at school.

Mists (17.5cm, MII Greys) size 27

mistsfront.jpg

mistsback.jpg

Drills (Black 17.5 MIJ, like superslender but w/ black hardware) size 27:

drillsfront.jpg

drillsback.jpg

New 19cm MIJ indigos size 26, about 2-3 weeks in

19cmfitfront.jpg

19cmback.jpg

This isn't really the best advice. If everyone adheres to this there's gonna be a lot of people buying jeans that are way too tight for them (something which occurs all too often on here). It's not that simple, there's other factors to consider, especially the guy's build. Dior's are supposed to look boxy, slouchy and unconstructed in the top block. I could do the clasp up on my size 28 raws the first time I put them on. This is what they looked like after 9 months.

Dior9months.jpg

The advice about not being able to do the clasp is just one reason why there are so many unflattering pics of Dior's in this thread. The reality is, a lot of guys aren't the right build for them yet they're buying them on advice that they shouldn't be able to do them up anyway. If you have big thighs you shouldn't be wearing Dior's imo, regardless of whether the clasp does up or not.

Agreed

It's not necessarily bad advice, but it's not because it works for you that it'll work for everybody. There aren't any criteria to follow that'll guarantee a good fit cause there's just too many factors to take into consideration, and in the end, only trying different sizes on will tell you what looks best on you.

Although for your own example, remember blacks stretch WAY less than indigos, so that might play in the equation

Those definitely look more on the fake side. Check the tag on the out seam, it should say made in Italy in both French and English I believe. Most fakes usually only say it in English and its good to note that fakes hardly ever get the 38+ inseam correct, at most they are like 36 inches.

Dior's inseams can vary as well. A lot of the time they are less than 38 inches. I've never seen that wash before though, and the stitching does look off. Post some pics of the all the tags.