Dior Homme Denim

midnight

Guest Electrorock

I think Diors fit right when u have long skinny legs and no butt. If ur butt sticks out they gonna look like shite. No long skinny legs? Ok,ur gonna look generic. Same happens with Slimane suits. If ur short, chubby and have a round face never spend so much cash on a Slimane suit. Anyway ur not gonna fit in!

well this is not entirely true. I have one of those butts you speak of. You have to get the MIJ washes since the rear rise on them is MUCH higher. THis allows for a larger butt. If I do get MII washes, I generally have to size up to accommodate my backside, Washes like UMC 07 19cm I cant wear because the legs already run large so by the time I size up I might as well be wearing Safados.

Guest Electrorock

I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. Pics wearing jeans don't mean much and it's hard to see. But we all agree Diors are not for everybody.

tissos: I had a similar experience years ago. I too got my mij 19cm pair in 2005 and i paid like $280 for them. A few years ago, I saw them at saks and I was appalled at the price.

electrorock; if it weren't for thousands of skinny asians out there who, more often than not, have round faces, I'd say you were dead on. ha, since when is the shape of one's face a factor in how clothes fit? The only thing i can think of where face shape matters is in choosing eyeglasses

Guest Electrorock

tissos: I had a similar experience years ago. I too got my mij 19cm pair in 2005 and i paid like $280 for them. A few years ago, I saw them at saks and I was appalled at the price.

electrorock; if it weren't for thousands of skinny asians out there who, more often than not, have round faces, I'd say you were dead on. ha, since when is the shape of one's face a factor in how clothes fit? The only thing i can think of where face shape matters is in choosing eyeglasses

Obviously you haven't worked in the high fashion couture industry.

Obviously you haven't worked in the high fashion couture industry.

clearly! i's come from po' simple folk and i's know nuttin 'bout hi fashion! those poor asians with the perfectly skinny legs and bodies, perfectly fitting into their diors...if only someone told them their round faces automatically disqualifies them from wearing diors!

clearly! i's come from po' simple folk and i's know nuttin 'bout hi fashion! those poor asians with the perfectly skinny legs and bodies, perfectly fitting into their diors...if only someone told them their round faces automatically disqualifies them from wearing diors!

if they were vinegar layered itd probably be ok for the round face and also accepted by those in the world of end fashion

Hi

Anyone happen to know the name of these Dior jeans?

They're light gray in color with some kind of stains on it.

They're made in Japan

Thanks

BB

DiorJeans.jpg

the stains are "man stains".. there is a thread somewhere here about it..

does anybody knoow if these are vinger layered?

Guest Electrorock

Dude, disqualifies??? Relax...it's only jeans. Most of the population dress like shit or don't have the model body-face. It's not a crime. I'm sure if Slimane thought those asian kids are the perfect bodytype for his jeans he would have used all Asian guys at his shows.

Slimane suits are not made for guys like Stallone. So what?

U have bulky legs? Go get Diors and spend $400 if u think that's cool. I think u better get a 501 type and will look so much better...and spend less.

I was merely trying to point out the foolishness in suggesting that facial shape impacts how well a pair of jeans (at the opposite end of the body!) *fits*. That was your original comment I believe. From a technical visual arts perspective, your eyes are not pulled or drawn in any particular way by the face when assessing the silhouette of a pair of legs. This has nothing to do with fashion, it's what dictates how signs and billboards are designed, how webpages are designed. it's just the way our eyes work. What I suspect you're harping on is about one's *looks*/style and that's different. Slimane was presenting the junkied-out rocker look which often comes with the gaunt, *sunken cheeks* face. And *thats* probably the reason for the lack of round faces in his ads/shows, not because their fat faces ruined the fit of the jeans which is ridiculous!

On a side note regarding the lack of asians or any non-whites in ads/shows: remember that the fashion world is heavily white dominated when it comes to print and runway (even in non white countries!). I wouldn't presume that the lack of a certain race in an ad campaign or runway show is a carefully thought out creative choice. Sadly it's usually because that's just how the modeling industry is. If I remember correctly, it wasn't until Slimane's last show that a black model was included. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

"if ur short, chubby and have a round face never spend so much cash on a slimane suit. anyway ur not gonna fit in! "

i'm sure he meant "fit" to refer to one's overall look and style but it certainly sounds at first like he's suggesting a round faced person can't fit into a slimane suit. I was just pointing out that traditionally a lot of asians have smaller, slimmer ectomorph frames while having a rounder face so there is an entire race out there of round faced people who can easily slip into a slimane suit. but on the topic of the round faced *style* not fitting...well, that's just a matter of opinion and i would probably tend to agree with him

I got my Dior Homme Work A Day 17.5 in from LVR sale today. Its a good thing I sized up to a 30 because these run smaller than the aw11 ss12 17.5 Jakes did. ALso, this wash is way underrated, Its better than Rack Rail for sure IMO. It doesnt look as good on LVR in my opinion

DSCN6996.jpg

DSCN6999.jpg

DSCN7000.jpg

DSCN7001.jpg

Guest Electrorock

True true true, fashion is ridiculous ã­

Big bulky guys don't fit either. Vivienne Westwood once said she needed big beefy models and Slimane used skinny models. So what? Designers are the ones that create a concept and we just buy the clothes. Who cares if it looks good or not?....well...I think we do in a certain

Way

Edited by Electrorock

ugh! jealous of the awesome fits on this page. I think my thighs have gotten too big for my pair that I got way back in 2005. Wore them all over Paris during my trip last week so yesterday I gave them a wash again.

diorfront12.jpg

diorback12.jpg

mij 19cm, worn infrequently over 7 years, washed many times

Anybody got any info about these jeans, i got them about 4 years ago but still haven't worn them yet.

7395342968_6968c07837_z.jpg

7395341854_b5019ba8be_z.jpg

7395334692_c36d153e24_z.jpg

7395333760_ebf75e1f36_z.jpg

7395332852_fa5cea4f0a_z.jpg

7395327190_4c63f494b7_z.jpg

i saw a pair on yahoo japan that were selling for quite a lot like $300/400 but that was a few years ago now... so these must be at least 5 or 6 years old. theres a 54 written on the label