Dior Homme Denim

midnight

just got a pair of silver selvages mij.

Has anyone noticed they are ridiculously grey/silver compared to normal mij's? I can barely make out any indigo in them. But that's not the case when i look at pictures of other silver selvages such as this one:

diorw_02.jpg

is it just me or the lighting? i see the indigo in the picture, but i think mine just look like grey jeans in person.

edit: i noticed that under florescent lighting, they look grey and actually look a bit indigo under natural light?

How tight are the thighs in the 19cm's? Does the taper start up high or below the knee? Reason I ask is because I wear a size 32 in Nudies but the Slim Jim in 32 doesn't come close to fitting me due to the small thighs. I was wondering if it's the same story with Diors? I'm looking at getting a size 32 Dior as well.

Help?

Hey guys could I get some fit opinions...

My end [fit] goal is something like:

idealj.jpg

(That's Anthony_H on the left, and asher_roslynn on the right)

What I've got (brand new, no stretching) is:

actualnew.jpg

- I know I know I'm not thin enough for above looks, but lets say they're inspiration :o

note: I can only do the bottom two buttons, I can't get anywhere new the next two or the clasp, and I've ALSO got a belt on to keep it relatively closed.. [minor edit] I tried them on again, and with a bit of effort I can get all the buttons except the last.. also as mentioned in a later post, I only need about 1/2" stretch in the thighs.

So, should I size up, or will it stretch enough? I've heard it can stretch A LOT.

I'd really appreciate some feedback, thanks a lot!

(I could also get more pics if its necessary or helpful)

^If you can only get the first two I'd probably say size up...the photo of me there was literally the next night in Vegas I had them (as I purchased it at the Vegas Dior boutique), and I had everything buttoned up to the clasp. Granted I also wore them fairly high for a few months after that. But I also started to not wear the clasp, but had all the buttons buttoned. Again though, it depends on your lifestyle how much it will stretch. Mine haven't stretched that dramatically until recently, where I got a stock/heavy lifting position in retail. A year and a half later, I have a crotch blowout and need to patch it up haha.

^If you can only get the first two I'd probably say size up...the photo of me there was literally the next night in Vegas I had them (as I purchased it at the Vegas Dior boutique), and I had everything buttoned up to the clasp. Granted I also wore them fairly high for a few months after that. But I also started to not wear the clasp, but had all the buttons buttoned. Again though, it depends on your lifestyle how much it will stretch. Mine haven't stretched that dramatically until recently, where I got a stock/heavy lifting position in retail. A year and a half later, I have a crotch blowout and need to patch it up haha.

Well I could live with putting in some time into stretching them out... my only worry is that they might not live through it (from strain I guess) or turn out nicely (maybe they're just too tight overall)..

So if they will eventually stretch nicely, I could live with that.. but if it's impossible well there's no point keeping it I guess.

(By the way I hope you don't mind me reposting the picture with credit)

EDIT: Suppose, by the way, I did change size.. how much should I size up? would 1 size do it? Don't want to make the same mistake again

EDIT 2: I measured a pair of jeans where I really liked the fit on the thighs, and they're only about 1/2" bigger (laid flat).. I actually kind of think I could expect the diors to stretch that much in the thighs...

My Dior Homme 19cm MIJ raw indigo, size 29. Pictures at 3 months of wear.

I'm 174cm (5 foot 7) and 68kg. I generally wear jeans at size 32 on other brands, so I went 3 sizes down on this pair.

Alterations: Hemmed, because I'm not that tall. Removed leather Dior tag, because I didn't like the fade it was producing at the back of the jeans.

Hope you like them :)

Fading Pics:

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

Waist measures 43.5cm across because I am a low rider :P

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

Fit Pics:

IMG_1556-crop-horz.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

Hi i'm interested in dior 19 cm raw jeans. However haven got a chance to try it on. Just a enquire on the sizing. I'm wearing sz 27 on nudie. what people on other forum say is that i need to size down 1 more on dior. But i'm afraid i'm not able to fit into it. So is it wise if I stick to 27 if i want it to fit more skinny? And how will the fit be like if i get it in sz 28? Sorry for so much question and TIA

Hi i'm interested in dior 19 cm raw jeans. However haven got a chance to try it on. Just a enquire on the sizing. I'm wearing sz 27 on nudie. what people on other forum say is that i need to size down 1 more on dior. But i'm afraid i'm not able to fit into it. So is it wise if I stick to 27 if i want it to fit more skinny? And how will the fit be like if i get it in sz 28? Sorry for so much question and TIA

Wherever you wear pants (for Dior usually the hip or even lower), take that measurement and subtract 2. That will get you your typical slim, slouchy look; go 3 if you want a skinny jean.

My Dior Homme 19cm MIJ raw indigo, size 29. Pictures at 3 months of wear.

I'm 174cm (5 foot 7) and 68kg. I generally wear jeans at size 32 on other brands, so I went 3 sizes down on this pair.

Alterations: Hemmed, because I'm not that tall. Removed leather Dior tag, because I didn't like the fade it was producing at the back of the jeans.

Hope you like them :)

Nice fades for only 3 months of wear.

Just out of curiosity, what do you do when you wear them? I got mine for nearly a month and there's no sign of fades. There's only creases.

Peace!

the alteration is very bad idea , the best way is to find a trade or sell them back and buy smaller one ,i have never seen successfully altered dior homme jeans

hello guys... i recently bought a sz 36 dior homme raw denim... but sz 36 is too loose for me... what should i do??? wear a belt??? or alter the waist length and taper below knee? will this destroy the dior homme jeans?

hello guys... i recently bought a sz 36 dior homme raw denim... but sz 36 is too loose for me... what should i do??? wear a belt??? or alter the waist length and taper below knee? will this destroy the dior homme jeans?

wun destroy the jeans. but then again. thought u were gonna get them at size 34"?

im dun mean anything though, but sometimes, many just get their true waist wrng, and end up getting the wrng size.

if you want i have very nice pair of New Napoleon in size 34 and would be ok to make you very good price

it is BNWT let me know if interested

alex

kurenai, so u suggesting i go for alter the waist and tapered it from knee length and below?any good tailors u know in singapore : ) ( i assume u are from sg )

Nice fades for only 3 months of wear.

Just out of curiosity, what do you do when you wear them? I got mine for nearly a month and there's no sign of fades. There's only creases.

Peace!

That's normal. I didn't get any fades in my first month either. I don't really wear them that hard, just around uni, shopping and daily stuff. I don't work or skate in them if that's what you're thinking.

Here's a few more pics.

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

i hate wallet fades on back pockets so i always take mine out of my pocket when i sit down...but i still get them :(

@ myironeyes : i get from someone ; i ordered sz 34 19cm MIJ and he gave me sz 36 19cm MII..... i guess u save money and get from LVR... and i am from Singapore : )

@ whimmypuh : this are sz 36... i nt sure whether i can sell it anot... i doubt tat there is many people who is like me who wears sz 34 to 36...

@ ipark : i not sure where can i sell this... i order from someone... and he said cannot xchange for a smaller ones... : ( maybe u can introduce me the channels where i can resell this : ) my true waist is ard 88- 90 cm : )

Do u guys has anymore suggestions : ) ?

you asked for 34 MIJ but got a 36 MII and you cant refund? i hope you didnt put down alot of money for those because you just got majorly ripped off.

i suggest you go to the dior store at orchard ion and try on a few pairs, that way you'll know for sure which pair looks good. why would you order some from a crap seller when you have a dior store in your own city? :\