Bib-Overalls & Dungarees

crownzip

Not sure if anyone else is interested in original and great reproductions of early denim work dungarees but I recently discovered these great reproductions of the classic railroad denim dungarees worn by factory and railroad workers. The attention to detail looks pretty sick. I ordered a pair and hope to get them soon. The guy that made these reproductions also does amazing limited edition runs of other great classic work wear.

i2a.jpgi2b.jpgi2c.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's his website:

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.e-workers.net/store/8/top.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dstifel%2Bwabash%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Click on the Workers line at the top of the site and it'll take you into all the other stuff he's created. He does very limited editions of classic work wear like chin strap work shirts, Wabash stripe work jackets, Steifel denim work jackets, etc. The english translations aren't the best but the photos are pretty good.

I think this was his first foray into denim dungarees so I'm not too sure what the denim quality is like. If the quality is anything like his work shirts and jackets though, I'll be very pleased. He really pays sick attention to the details like getting the stitching right, using the right buttons and picking the best material. I've got one of his salt and pepper work shirts and it scary how me matched this classic work wear material exactly.

How have you been ordering from this guy? The detail work is on point, some of the bags are great too, but it seems everything is always sold out

• 11 months later...

Being an engineer doing steelconstructions,my business includes all the dirty jobs like welding,grinding,milling,lathing and so on..

P1020977.jpg

P1020982.jpg

makes me not to be able to wear so called pemium denim at work,resulting in destroying them in a short while.I am supplied by my company with some black cottontrousers,which usually give up in about 3months time.having some experience with denim now,i decided to give a mechanic bib a try.i choosed a cheap Carhartt one.the cardboardlabel said its made from 11ounce firm denim:

http://P1030019.jpg

the denim is very lightweight,feels and wears more like 9 ounces,construction is out of discussion,compared to our standards.

anyway,i gave them a try for the last 2 months,this is how looked new:

P1030017.jpg

http://P1030020.jpg

and today prewash:

P1030042.jpg

P1030043.jpg

P1030058.jpg

P1030051.jpg

P1030056.jpg

i think the Pikebros bib is the best product so far i came across,believe me i searched a lot! its made from real 11 ounce unsanforized selvage denim,and the pics are very promising.i will give them a call next week,iam pretty sure this will be my next work projekt.( who am i ,spending € 150,- on workpants,which i suppose to get for free from my company? an addict? probably yes!)

Anyway, if you have anything to show regarding bibs or dungarees,feel free to contribute.

regarding Pikebrothers,heres the link to their homepage:

http://www.pikebrothersshop.com/epages/61700288.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61700288

they also offer stuff like B 10 jackets(wonder who makes them?)some armygear,vintagestyle sweats and denims.I never heard of them before which is a bit strange as they are located in germany.

found this seller on ebay with what looks to be pike brother's pieces. they have several of the womens garments and the men's denim army shirt/trouser/hat set along with the army denim coverall. i can't tell if they're fake or not as most of the details seem to match up perfectly. the price seems about right with the pb site as well. the only major deal is the trouser at what seems to be almost 40% off.

army shirt is 69 (as apposed to 79)

army trouser 59 (as apposed to 104)

army coverall is 109 (as apposed to 113)

(the second prices have the 19% vat subtracted from the website price)

almostnice: hope that helps some if you're interested in picking up the coveralls.

crownzip&airfrog,thanks for sharing!the vintage carhartt and lee ones are absolutely stunning! and airfrog in detail as usual,loving it.

I got the 1935 mechanic bib from pikebros. today,first impressions are very good,sewing jobs looks like its well made,all donutbuttons ,redline selvage.

took some quick pics,will post more tomorrow.any comments are welcome.

http://P1030142-1.jpg

P1030136.jpg

P1030144.jpg

P1030104.jpg

P1030112.jpg

P1030113.jpg

P1030117.jpg

I gave Fabian,one of the owners ( I think ) a call this morning.he was very helpful and told me that their denimstuff is made in turkey on old shuttlelooms.that is ok for me,as my LVC 506 jacket is made there also and the quality is not standing behind my other made in US LVC gear.I found out that the mechanic bibs are sold in my town at Riders Room,a small shop dedicated to vintagestyle motorcycle and army gear.Its a litlle shop stuffed till the roof with LVC,Lee,Edwin(japan),Aeroleather jackets,Davida helmets,and the biggest selection of Redwings in Hamburg.Went there after work and got served by To,really nice kinda rockabilly guy who knows his stuff.told him about sufu,which he never heard off,had to give him the url.If you read this To-join and share your knowledge! There are only two minor things I would change.that is the lack of any rivets and the opposed selvage at the coinpocket.a nice details for some,but I prefer the singlefolded seam as on most vintagedenim .apart from that a great piece of work so far.the time will soon tell how they will stand a real life in a steelconstruction/welding workshop. I will take no prisoners!:D