whats the best way to get over a breakup?

spacemanvt

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have recently been getting over this. The best way to get over it is to simply give it time and to try your best to just occupy yourself. I have found that if you just hold it in, it'll eat you up from the inside.

Being single opens up an entirely new world to you; a world that was previously closed because of the fact that you were with another. Hang out with friends, work out, do SOMETHING, ANYTHING to get your mind off of it.

Also, you could do things the old fashioned way and completely erase her from your mind. That, and ignore any attempts at her trying to contact you again.

Enjoy being single and fuck as many bitches as possible.

basically go buy some clothes, have beers with your best friends, change something small, and if you end up getting laid in the process, more power to you. aint rocket science.

oh yeah, and yknow the way girls like to eat or some shit to get over there problems? cookie dough and crap?

eat some gooood food. go out for a big ass steak and a fucking huge red wine and love it.

basically go buy some clothes, have beers with your best friends, change something small, and if you end up getting laid in the process, more power to you. aint rocket science.

oh yeah, and yknow the way girls like to eat or some shit to get over there problems? cookie dough and crap?

eat some gooood food. go out for a big ass steak and a fucking huge red wine and love it.

...CLopek, never ever watch that worn out copy of clueless that is glued into you VCR again...

I have not seen clueless. do they go drink beer and buy geller?

speaking of which, buy the souvenir jacket someone listed in the sales thread... dont spill beer on it and I will buy it off you when its s/s here...

I'm in the same boat man, after 2 years. It's really hard, and even worse we got a pair of kittens together, and were living together (haha, not quite as bad as kids). These guys are right, I've spent like $400, been drinking a lot of beer, and chilling with my friends. I can't tell you how to get over her though, if I knew, I wouldn't still be mindfucked right now. Good luck.

Lets face it, when you break up, thats when all your insecurities come flowing out. What did i do wrong? AM i ugly? Skinny? etc. YOu can beat yourself up asking tons of questions, but in the end you never really get the answer you are looking for.

For me, it helps to put things in a realistic perspective. How reasonable was the thought of marriage with this person? Ultimately, what is the point of actually dating if your goal is just to fuck and bounce?If thats the case, no worries. There will be plenty more, even though all you can think about is just the one.

If you really thought she was the one, then it can be pretty tough. You just have to remember that monogamy isnt a realistic expectation anymore. The idea of a man and woman getting married was institutionalized and propagated by the church. Think about your own urges. I have been happily dating my current gf for 2.5 years, but that doesnt mean that my mind doesnt wonder. DOnt get me wrong, i love her, but the thought of being with just one person doesnt seem to sit well with me, and ultimately seems pretty unrealistic and downright depressing.

Do you honestly think there is "the one right person for everyone?" Of course not, that shit is stupid. Trust me, if my gf and i broke up, im sure i could find another person that i can get along with just as well and would be into the same things as i am into. Its not hard. You get what you put in. If you go after the right people, there is a good chance you will succeed in obtaining a relationship with that person.

In the end, there are literally thousands of girls within close proximity to you. Mathematically speaking, theres has to be at LEAST a dozen women who would find you attractive and interesting. Sure you lost someone that meant something to you for a long time, but as you grow older, you realize that these sort of things happen and the best you can do is accept it and move on with your life. Sulking only makes the problem persist

How old are you? Just curious as this seems to be a factor in just how much a break up will fuck with you. One thing to remember is that you found her, and just as you found her and had a great relationship you CAN find another person and experience the same highs, dont ever forget this. It can be hard to think logically in these situations, but I think that it can keep you on the sane side rather than leading to the common downward spiral of dispair. As others have said, go out, do something, take some classes, excercise, go shopping, read a book, look at all your REP!!

Anything that will help you to focus on things other than the X.

Stay up.

we got a pair of kittens together.

Just wanted to quote this.

Also, I once tried to buy a kitten for a girl I was seeing.

The happiest day of our relationship was the day I gave her the kitten, but no matter how much we trained it, it wouldn't stop shitting on a little green rug in her bathroom. I used to try to beat it, bribe it with tuna fish, beat it, spray water on it, beat it etc. all to no avail. We eventually broke up because I called her a kitten hater and she was bitter and ungrateful toward me for buying her a defective idiot kitten.

thanks so far.

im in my mid 20s but hardly ever date. just pump and dump :)

thats probably why this fucked me up so much.

i went from shock->confusion->despair->regret->anger(currently)

with episodes of the previous steps.

the evil shit i am thinkin of doing to her is illegal even in Guantanamo bay.

its been a over a month of this shit and im glad im starting to snap out of it.

oh and she wasnt the one.

Just wanted to quote this.

Also, I once tried to buy a kitten for a girl I was seeing.

The happiest day of our relationship was the day I gave her the kitten, but no matter how much we trained it, it wouldn't stop shitting on a little green rug in her bathroom. I used to try to beat it, bribe it with tuna fish, beat it, spray water on it, beat it etc. all to no avail. We eventually broke up because I called her a kitten hater and she was bitter and ungrateful toward me for buying her a defective idiot kitten.

That's a shame. My kittens are perfect... Well I guess there were a few heinous peeing situations (fire place, a blanket inside the dryer, my bed). The place she moved into doesn't allow pets, so I win the custody battle for now, and still get kitten support, haha.

she broke up with me cause she was 27, wanted the family shit and figured i wasn't game. meanwhile, i had 3 kids by the time i was 29.

no shit, her husband is a famous director. my kids watched one of his films and said how great it was. i couldn't help but think, yeah, well the director's wife is a pretty great fuck.