Yohji Yamamoto's 'Coming Soon' F/W 08.09 Lookbook

inaya

I know they're selling this as a lower-priced sportwear sort of line, but I'm just hoping that this will actually be affordable to real people, not simply affordable to fashunz people.

I'm assuming you'll be disappointed. I make this assumption because I'm interested as well, which means it will be well out of my price range. Because "fuck."

As it were.

price range is still kinda high.... affordably compared to yohji mainline...actual clothes look cool, concept sucks..

edit:

Prices have yet to be finalized, but Tamoto said most jeans would retail from 150 euros, or $207, to 230 euros, or $317, with knitwear averaging from 120 euros, or $165.60, to 200 euros, or $276. T-shirts will start at about 70 euros, or $96.60.

available at odin but don't but it it sucks

also the exchange rates here look kinda wrong

stuff is definitely nice in person, the pieces are all pretty well constructed of what i have seen so far and the fabrics aren't too bad either. and the pricing really is not bad at all. i'll definitely pick up some of coming soon this season

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised to find that at least most of what I have seen so far is made in Italy. I have actually been quite surprised by the construction so far. There are some great pieces but also a lot of really bad stuff -- the prints (aside from the logo/circle t-shirts) especially are pretty much garbage.

This stuff is already available at a couple online stores (tobi.com has a few pieces) and the prices aren't bad for Yohji stuff. Doesn't seem like any of the outerwear has dropped yet, though.

couldn't see anything on tobi.. what other stores are carrying atm?