A.P.C. Men's F/W 08.09

jimmyc

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the girl at APC in LA the cashmere stuff came in Tuesday. I went in on Saturday and it was sort of bare and someone broke in apparently at 6am (lol) and everything looked a little off - their door was like, boarded up, but got some New Standards anyway.

all the shit runs huge this season. i'm usually a medium in tops for APC. this season i boguht a polo and the trench coat. the polo i had to buy a small in and even that's too big. and i bought the coat in an XS, and even that is kind of big.

I think the sizing is pretty normal...I bought medium in both tees I own. Got the tunisian pullover in medium as well...

Pants fit the same as previous seasons

Are the new standard cords true to size or do they run according to the usual raw NS sizing(i.e. size down 2-3 to get your fit)?

usually their non raw denim stuff runs pretty true to size. i.e. i am a 32 true waist and i wear a 31 in new cure cut buts but they are a little tight on me and a 32 would be perfect. i wear a 30 in their jeans.

I just got my "very tight jeans" in the mail yesterday. I usually wear a 28 in most pants/jeans and went down to a 27 with these. They're definitely tight, but I was kind of expecting that. I would recommend going down a size, but definitely not two or three like with new standards. The denim is also very different from their raw jeans, very soft and kind of stretchy, as can be expected with the 2% elasthanne. I can post pics later.

god, apc pricing is getting a little bit ridiculous

I love this statement. Is there anyone who thought their pricing would go down this year? or next year? Trust me I hate it too but that's just the way it is.

If you want a low price point there's always the GAP(10)

I just bought the 100% wool bordeaux red cardigan. We received it in the store, I opened the box, unpacked and unfolded it, and I bought it in an instant. It's amazing, and it has leather elbow patches, which was the reason I just NEEDED to have it. I do have to say that it's pretty expensive for a cardigan , 225 euro's. I got personel-discount though, but it still was expensive. A thread (was) snapped at one seam too, but I was able to discover and repair it in time. Don't know if it was a production-flaw or something I did.

Oh, and the jackets are also amazing. The sweaters are nice, really good quality, basic.

I just bought the 100% wool bordeaux red cardigan. We received it in the store, I opened the box, unpacked and unfolded it, and I bought it in an instant. It's amazing, and it has leather elbow patches, which was the reason I just NEEDED to have it. I do have to say that it's pretty expensive for a cardigan , 225 euro's. I got personel-discount though, but it still was expensive. A thread (was) snapped at one seam too, but I was able to discover and repair it in time. Don't know if it was a production-flaw or something I did.

Oh, and the jackets are also amazing. The sweaters are nice, really good quality, basic.

i tried on some stuff, and with a lower price point i would cop some items, but it's just too expensive for what it is.

apc seems less appealing the more other stuff i see

the quality is fine, but the fit and looks are a bit too basic to pay a premium for

(esp. w/ higher retail in canada)

HOLLA FOR A DOLLAR MUTHA-FCKER!!!

loonie_np_02052007.jpg

this might be a noob question but does anybody know specific measurements on the Short Duffle Coat?

Planning on getting the XS, but I dont know what a size 26 US / 36 french means.... does it mean 26/36" chest?

my chest is about a 31-32"... so any kind of spec details would help

APC sometimes will label their pants(just as they do with their shirts/jackets)xs, sm, med, lg, xlarge. The first numbers are the corresponding waist size ie xs=26 waist, sm=28 waist, etc.. The second set of numbers are the chest sizes, ie xs=36 chest, sm=38 chest. However APC sizing can be tricky and vary depending on the styles. Somestimes you are better off finding a store that carries APC near you and trying on the item in question. A 32" chest seems extremely small. Make sure you measure your chest under your armpit.

And comparatively speaking I don't think APC prices are that astronomical in relation to similar brands. I think the exchange rate adds a bit of sting to everything they sell now. However their shoes are way fucking over priced. But they have always been pricey. Bought some ankles boots a few years ago and they cost me 400 even back then.

Their clothes most always stand the test of time, just take a look at the sufu market. APC pieces always sell pretty quickly especially in the smaller sizes. I am still kicking myself for not getting the too tight corduroy blazer in xs. If anyone is selling one feel free to pm me.

i need this jacket, badly

i bought it, i think its better to take it a bit large as on the pic.

Got this in M, if you're interested ... im not sure to sell it but.

Btw I like this new collection, the stfu tshirt is ugly but the broiwn sneaks and some jackets are amazing, i went to the ny apc store they got almost everything