1. 1. is gordon big in japan?

• he is tokyo eye am legend
    • tom waits is more big in japan
    • i don't take polls, thanks for the video

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if those three arrows at the top of the last post signify a comment referring to my last post, my(polite) response would be:

where the fuck did i say that spraying solution on jeans is more artistic than sandpapering? show me where i (or gordon)said that, and its fuck me. but if not...well, you already know. the word 'sandpaper 'isnt anywhere in my post. do you sandpaper your true religions? c'mon, confess like usher. what i said is that ALL predistressing is lame to me, imho. and also that natural, consistent wear isnt artistic, since the resulting fades are a NATURAL result. the word 'artistic' somehow denotes something contrived, unless some dude starts arbitrarily spraying chemicals and sandpapering his shits. btw, that would almost be as retarded as what you said...just dont fuck w/the kid.

Ur post makes me wonder if u watched the video or not.

Gordon said their style of washing or fading jean using solution is very artistic.

He emphasized on the washing factory don't use sandpaper and use weak solution, so it takes more time but it'll make the jean have more realistic fades.

Btw...there are arts that just display worn used items. So you can't say NATURAL result is not artistic. I guess you just don't know about them.

yeah, since when does wash=fade? thats new.

wow...you never heard of term a jean with different kind of wash meaning they have different kind of style? Now that's shocking haha

It's just a term anyway...you are gonna play wording game now?

==================

some retard neg repped me and commented: canvas makes the painter not the other way around.

WTF...are you guys serious?

quick tip: dont accuse people of playing word games, and speak in totally unclear english in the same post. ex: ' you never heard of term a jean...'' what the fuck does that mean? try rosetta stone, my dude. and if wash means style, whats that mean? 2 pairs of jeans can have the same wash, and totally different cuts, and the styles look mad different. are samurai 710s the same ''style'' as the 510s, even though they might both be raw, and by the same label? furthermore, he said artistic, not more or less artistic than sandpaper. i saw the clip 3 times, he never mentioned sandpaper! check your original dumb post. and btw, the 'retard' was right...without a medium, the artist is just a creative dude with an idea that cannot be expressed. just like a man isnt a teacher with out a student, since he has no one to teach. stop while youre ahead, before you get shut down like moss in the superbowl...

some retard neg repped me and commented: canvas makes the painter not the other way around.

WTF...are you guys serious?

Shit, if you're going to quote me at least us my name. This is my first e-fight, be gentle.

You have to acknowledge that not are jeans are created equal. While I realize that there are exceptions, the dye quality of your standard, $30 Levis 501 STF doesn't match the upper ends, and it shows. The dye quality, cut, and material used (the canvas in this case) all factor HEAVILY on the final outcome of the wear.

quick tip: dont accuse people of playing word games, and speak in totally unclear english in the same post. ex: ' you never heard of term a jean...'' what the fuck does that mean? try rosetta stone, my dude. and if wash means style, whats that mean? 2 pairs of jeans can have the same wash, and totally different cuts, and the styles look mad different. are samurai 710s the same ''style'' as the 510s, even though they might both be raw, and by the same label? furthermore, he said artistic, not more or less artistic than sandpaper. i saw the clip 3 times, he never mentioned sandpaper! check your original dumb post. and btw, the 'retard' was right...without a medium, the artist is just a creative dude with an idea that cannot be expressed. just like a man isnt a teacher with out a student, since he has no one to teach. stop while youre ahead, before you get shut down like moss in the superbowl...

he did mention sandpaper...maybe you need to watch 10 times to get it...

So, stop talk e-trash and get it right.

canvas makes the art, rather than the artist?...you guys are retarded

Talk about unclear English....you mind edit your post? it's hard to read as hell.

I am done here....carry on

bunch of useless infos anyway.

what about those painted jeans? i almost stopped watching when he showed them. sugarcanes a really fucking cool company, i would have liked to see him touch on the 47 and 66 cuts which they try to reproduce to the T... cock bulge was gross, dudes jeans with paint and shit were retarded. could have picked a better store in ueno...

cool piece tho, showed it to a couple of friends who were asking about my jeans...

natural wear isnt artistic, although it may be beautiful, and worth of display.

some would argue that the time put into, the wear, the number of elements that differ in peoples washing tecniques (frequency, detergent, agitation or none, machine, cold or hot, adding salt to or vinegar, ocean, river etc.) would constitute the use of the term art(istic). I however think some are simply better or more knowledgable.

Oni Shoai would be a safe bet, given his involvement in it.

Don't think its Eternals, I don't think they are hand dyed by a Japanese legend, like KMW, PBJ, and Oni.

Oni Shoai is the answer. You can buy these at Blue in Green. The store he visited is Hinoya in Ameyoko. http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119784

Gordon wears the WH Dubbleworks 660 throughout the tour.

The pair of jeans with the ring fade are Somet.

By popular demand here is the second part of the show about curry. Gordon talks curry.

<embed id="VideoPlayback" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-1110399516785173819&hl=en&fs=true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

Link

• 4 months later...