Dior Homme SS 06

SOME_DAY

Just wondering what everyone elses take is on the SS06 Dior Homme collection. I was wondering after the last season what Hedi Slimane was gonna do next. I ain't feeling the Teddy boy theme, it seems as though he was at his peak a year and a half ago. The next season seems quite clumsy, and the trousers/pants just look stupid.

00080m.jpg

00130m.jpg

00250m.jpg

00500m.jpg

Edited by SOME_DAY on Oct 16, 2005 at 02:58 PM

I don't like the looks he has on the runway, with one acception:

00380m.jpg

I <u>really</u> like that one.

You are right, most of the looks do look quite clumsy, and a lot of the pants take cutting them too tight and too short to the extreme. However, there are a lot of nice pieces in the new line.

The belts and the sunglasses are really amazing. So are some of the more "traditional" blazers and jackets are great, and I would wear them if I was older and had more money. This t-shirt is pretty awsome and I look forward to seeing it in stores:

00570m.jpg

Edited by 134 on Oct 16, 2005 at 03:12 PM

Quote:

I don't like the looks he has on the runway, with one acception:

00380m.jpg

I <u>really</u> like that one.

--- Original message by 134 on Oct 16, 2005 03:11 PM

I have to agree, although I believe that this look would be pulled off better with jeans from Spring/Summer 05 and a decent pair of white sneakers.

Edited by verb on Oct 16, 2005 at 03:47 PM

I am to large to wear any of that stuff. Imagine a 34" waist guy with muscular buttocks, long golden hair, long silky legs toned like an adonis statue...

i am getting off the topic and by the way i dont look like that.

But can you imagine a normal guy wearing some of that stuff it would look ridiculous.

I hope indigo doesn't cause cancer...

... could you hand me the dental floss

Quote:

Just wondering what everyone elses take is on the SS06 Dior Homme collection. I was wondering after the last season what Hedi Slimane was gonna do next. I ain't feeling the Teddy boy theme, it seems as though he was at his peak a year and a half ago. The next season seems quite clumsy, and the trousers/pants just look stupid.

00130m.jpg

00250m.jpg

Edited by SOME_DAY on Oct 16, 2005 at 02:58 PM

--- Original message by SOME_DAY on Oct 16, 2005 02:49 PM

guys would get jumped if they wear this around my hood.

Edited by soleindahole on Oct 16, 2005 at 11:24 PM

Edited by soleindahole on Oct 16, 2005 at 11:25 PM

first, I'll say I agree with a lot of what's been said so far. this collection seems to be off the mark, compared to hedi's previous work. or maybe his design, which seemed so revolutionary only a few seasons ago, is becoming a bit stale. I can say this, even though at the same time I love it and wish badly I could buy some of those pieces.

the other thing is, people are saying "no one dresses like this," but it's a fashion show... it's been meticulously styled to deliver a specific message. of course you're not supposed to dress like this... if you're wealthy enough to afford an entire dior look, then you probably shouldn't be wearing the clothes in the first place! but it's undeniable that the styling on these models is very influential... even if you only decide to pick up on the skinny tie and drainpipe pants, you've still taken a few cues from the DH look.

okay, so that's my rant... I dunno how useful it is to this discussion.

"Influential"? I see your point, jhud, and I'm sure you're right that nobody really would ever dress like that anywhere but a fashion show, but Dior are ripping off 80s punk/ska/etc bands... I wouldn't call their look "influential." Just a rehash of what we saw 20 years ago.

Quote:

I really like hedi collection as I like jackson

--- Original message by Buqoo on Oct 17, 2005 04:26 PM

I don't know where you're gettin Michael Jackson from, is it that he's wearing a black hat? Hedi Slimane actually said the collection is inspired by Pete Doherty. I probably don't need to point out that there's a big difference between the two.