supermeatheads

kunk75

On a more positive note, what are your goals (everyone)?

Outside of CF competition placements, I'm hoping to Clean and Jerk 275+ (only 235 now), and Snatch 205 (currently 175). I've never been trained for Oly, so we'll see how that goes.

how much do you guys weigh? and gj either way, 235 is impressive.

my short term goals are 225 bp 5x5 135 ohp 5x5 and pullups with 45lbs (5x5) and my long term goals though not really weight related is to have a six pack, to dunk, and to run a marathon under 4 hours.

insane midget status: 5'4" @ ~170 :(

I haven't tested my 1RMs, but looking at what I've been doing for reps, I "should" be at around 1100. So far I've gotten 225x4 on the bench, 393x2 for the squat, and 420x4 for the deadlift. Then again, I've just completely stalled on all my lifts so it'll be awhile until I'm making progress again. I'm lifting raw for now. I don't have too much interest in lifting geared.

I take Jack3d. I like it a lot but I'm building a tolerance as well, also getting the insomnia effects of it. It been working great for me though. I haven't tried any other pre-workout supp so I can't really compare but I would recommend it. I would like to try White Flood sometime.

do you pull conventional or sumo? I just want to imagine how far the plates come off the ground for a 5'4" guy pulling sumo. :P

I'm pulling conventional right now, but I'll probably start experimenting with sumo. Now if I pull sumo and had super long arms... ;)

What are you looking to hit in each for 1200?

500, 400, 300?

great goal

That would be my ideal, but it'll probably be something like 500/450/250. My bench press is lagging :o

I take Jack3d. I like it a lot but I'm building a tolerance as well, also getting the insomnia effects of it. It been working great for me though. I haven't tried any other pre-workout supp so I can't really compare but I would recommend it. I would like to try White Flood sometime.

I tried White Flood for a few weeks and I enjoyed the tingling sensation that I got from the beta-alanine, it definitely got me excited to workout, but it really affected my cardio workouts negatively. I would end up having to quit early or lower my resistance on the stationary bike a great deal in order to get thru workouts that were not a problem before I started taking it. I always do cardio before I lift, so you may have better results if you are just hitting the weights, but it didn't work out for me. I went back to taking a caffeine pill about an hour before I hit the gym and my stamina went back to where it was pretty quickly.

i havent worked out in over 3 months due to surgery. Almost all of my muscle mass is gone and ive turned "soft." Ive recently been cleared to start lifting heavy again and am embarrassingly weak.

whats the best way to get back into a regimen? Just dive in and pick up where i left off but with less weight or is altering my work out in my best interest?

I tried White Flood for a few weeks and I enjoyed the tingling sensation that I got from the beta-alanine, it definitely got me excited to workout, but it really affected my cardio workouts negatively. I would end up having to quit early or lower my resistance on the stationary bike a great deal in order to get thru workouts that were not a problem before I started taking it. I always do cardio before I lift, so you may have better results if you are just hitting the weights, but it didn't work out for me. I went back to taking a caffeine pill about an hour before I hit the gym and my stamina went back to where it was pretty quickly.

I know exactly what you mean, Jack3d does the same thing for me. I love the tingling and I only do a little cardio pre workout to get warmed up but it makes it hard to breathe (?) and makes me feel weird. Hard to explain, but when I get to the workout it's perfect.

I know coming back from injuries sucks, but when you feel 100%, it could help out mentally. Even though some weight will feel tough because you haven't lifted for a while, you'll always know you've done it before and will eventually move past your previous maxes

On the topic of pre workouts, jack3d fucking rocked. I gave mine away though because it just made me crash reallllllly hard. And I heard that it gives you a limp dick if used too much.

I hated ASGT.

Heard muscle marinade is great.

But my only pre workout is coffee, beta alanine, citrulline malate and some aakg.

Creatine helps a ton too.

neone have ne funny/stupid stories while working out?

tonite i was sposed to do 130 for ohp. i put on my weights and get through 5x5 relatively easy. i was extremely stoked since it was my 3rd attempt at 5x5. but then i looked at the weights as i was taking them off to get ready for deads, and it was only 120. math fail. gg.

neone have ne funny/stupid stories while working out?

tonite i was sposed to do 130 for ohp. i put on my weights and get through 5x5 relatively easy. i was extremely stoked since it was my 3rd attempt at 5x5. but then i looked at the weights as i was taking them off to get ready for deads, and it was only 120. math fail. gg.

same thing happened to me the other day with paused bench.

231 =/= 251 :mad:

i would go benching with my buddy and as i walked away to get some water he would slip on 5 pounds on one side. when i laid down on the bench, he would slip on the other 5 pounds. after i'm done with the set, i go wtf. he goes "SEE NIGGGA I TOLD YOU YOU CAN DO IT."