supermeatheads

kunk75

Guest jeffvyain

my folks got one of those electrode-on-the-feet scales that i go and check whenever i see them. it's not very accurate and numbers will be +/- 2-3% depending on how much water you've got in your system, last time you ate, etc. there are much better ways to measure, but this is the simplest and easiest.

Guest jeffvyain
there are calipers, which aren't bad but aren't 100% accurate. water submersion is the best if not easiest to find option.

calipers work but are very prone to user error unless you have someone who really knows what they're doing.

Guest jeffvyain

running sucks. i'll be the first one to admit it. rock climbing resulted in the best my body has ever looked. i'd recommend that over any other activity... but i'm not a real meathead

change up your style of lifting and do lots of supersets and take fewer breaks.

Nothing really beats the feeling of high intensity supersets.

I've been busy with school so I started doing supersets again to save time. I'm down to about 25 mins a workout with no breaks. Although I feel like puking when I'm done.

Just wondering how you guys break up your supers. I was on a more traditional program last year, but lately I've been mixing it up and it feels a lot better.

I have three days.

Chest/Legs (squat/bench, incline/lunges, fly/sled) 4/4/4

Shoulders/Triceps (military/single db raise, lateral raise/skullcrusher, front raise/pulldown) 4/3/3

Back/Biceps (t-row/barbell, deadlift/hammer, alternating row/seated curls) 4/3/3

bi's/tri's

close grip bench/barbell curls

or

2 handed cable curls/rope pressdowns

delte/legs

squat/lateral raises

or

leg press/military press

chest/back

close grip row/floor press

or

flyes/wide-grip upright rows

Nothing really beats the feeling of high intensity supersets.

I've been busy with school so I started doing supersets again to save time. I'm down to about 25 mins a workout with no breaks. Although I feel like puking when I'm done.

Just wondering how you guys break up your supers. I was on a more traditional program last year, but lately I've been mixing it up and it feels a lot better.

I have three days.

Chest/Legs (squat/bench, incline/lunges, fly/sled) 4/4/4

Shoulders/Triceps (military/single db raise, lateral raise/skullcrusher, front raise/pulldown) 4/3/3

Back/Biceps (t-row/barbell, deadlift/hammer, alternating row/seated curls) 4/3/3

A couple years ago when I knew less about lifting, I tried modifying one of Arnold's workouts. Bad idea. It was about supersets. I'd do sets of 10 or whatever on seated bench and immediately do seated row. I've always been more of a fan of supersetting opposite muscles. I guess just cuz i like to throw around as much weight as poss (even if it's still less)

man arnold was the king but his workouts were ridiculous, i think the average person would be overtraining to follow them

I agree his its a genetic and hard work x steroid collab. It's rare to see someone in the gym of his caliper (no homo). Hmm haven't read the previous pages of this thread but anyone here hate doing a bulk/cut when breaking in the raw jeans? Ex. (on bulk) O EM GEE my sammie's are a perfect fit compliments from sufu member's left an right +rep rising. Then a month on two later after a cut you wonder if you should trade that shiz for a smaller size in the market place. Hate that shit

I agree his its a genetic and hard work x steroid collab. It's rare to see someone in the gym of his caliper (no homo). Hmm haven't read the previous pages of this thread but anyone here hate doing a bulk/cut when breaking in the raw jeans? Ex. (on bulk) O EM GEE my sammie's are a perfect fit compliments from sufu member's left an right +rep rising. Then a month on two later after a cut you wonder if you should trade that shiz for a smaller size in the market place. Hate that shit

I hope I didn't +rep you.

man arnold was the king but his workouts were ridiculous, i think the average person would be overtraining to follow them

yeah by far.

he also did ridiculous alternative workouts too. I read that he and friends would go to like a cabin and cut down trees. then they'd modify them like barbells and squat them all day. then they'd stop and drink beers (no joke), and squat again.

why can't we all governate?

dear friends,

does anyone have a program recommendation. i just finished a Waterbury(t-nation) 3 month program and before that i did the bill starr 5x5.

i am 34 years old and goals are to stay fit and fix muscle imbalances. in hopes to make knees and shoulders healthier.

total body workouts are most preferred with low volume and higher intensity

thank you all i am here to learn

sincerely,

gaydad

If anyone is interested heres a link to the documentary Bigger, faster, stronger. Decent Quality.

Movie was good I just wish there was more medical evidence and debates on a couple studies versus unbacked opinions. I also wished they covered more about bodybuilding. But definitely worth a watch.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=JPVTUU6S

watch before its taken down.

if you're sincere and an actual poster, stick with waterbury. all his program recos are solid.

"recos" ? what is that

well the thing is i did waterbury for the past 3 months. so i need something relatively different because near the end i was plateauing.

being 34 years old it is hard enough to be under 10% bf, much less gain more mass. but i think with enough discipline it can be done.

thanks

"recos" ? what is that

well the thing is i did waterbury for the past 3 months. so i need something relatively different because near the end i was plateauing.

being 34 years old it is hard enough to be under 10% bf, much less gain more mass. but i think with enough discipline it can be done.

thanks

A good program I'd recommend, assuming your an intermediate lifter is Bill star's 5x5. Its a great way to build mass, make gains, as well as strengthen your core. It focuses more on compound lifts rather than isolated workout's which it explains is not necessary.

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

Their is also a program similar to this for beginning lifters. Let me know if you need help and I'll dig it up for you.

cheers

A good program I'd recommend, assuming your an intermediate lifter is Bill star's 5x5.

hey!

thanks yea i just did a 5x5 actually. it is a great program you are right. i felt so energetic everyday and was bulking up so much i ate all my daughters fruit snacks that i buy her. you know those like 100% natural fruit gummys. but i failed out of the 3x3 part. nevertheless the 5x5 part was great and i would do it again if my shoulder can withstand so much benching.