supermeatheads

kunk75

How's yours been?

Getting better. Still weirdness especially in my right side but not spine. Not even erectors something to the right more..

Went to an osteopath, he pulled my SI joint into place on the right side. Something is fucking with my hip.

otherwise, went 405x3 beltless on Monday on deadlift.

has anyone here ever tried intermittent fasting/leangains?

Yes doing it now.

• 2 weeks later...

What supplements are you guys taking?

I've been taking a Kirkland brand Whey Protein and been looking to switch up to a whey isolate after I finish up this bag.

I will let others speak on "Whey Isolates" v "Whey" etc, but to me I think protein is pretty much protein, and I just look for a low sugar/low carb bottle -> 5lb Optimum Nutrition from Bodybuilding.com is my standard.

I take fish oil and a multivitamin. A friend and I split a bottle of Jack3d, and it seems ok, but I think the pre-workout thing is a hoax.

I think basically people should spend time working on their lifting form, and trying to get stronger, than worrying about the perfect mix of supplements.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha. Welcome.

Just went to a different chiro today. Outlook looks a little more hopeful than the "good days/bad days" spiel I got a few months back. Hopefully it'll just be a controlled rehab, and I'll be ready for more weight.

In the meantime, I had been letting my bench fall. Did a few weeks of consistent workouts and put up 275 for a single. Not too bad, all things considered, but I hope to get well above 300 again.

I really want to start getting into dead lifting more I've always been kinda iffy on the lift. But the past couple of weeks I've been working with a buddy of mine ,he had me start with rack pulls I got up to 275 for 6 reps. Also we decided to do the rack pulls after we had finished our regular back day would yall advise say separating my usual back day and having a day that it just working on pulling for example putting about 2 days in between said days.

It definitely wasn't completely paleo, but earlier this year I went pretty hard during the week with chicken/vegetables. I cut out bread and rice (which was hard, but not anymore). I probably had too much sugar from the fruit I ate, but it didn't have a huge effect.

Overall, though, I definitely felt like I had more energy during the day. And to contrast, I had a doughnut during the day once and it made me super tired (though delicious). Hope that helps.

^^ I am an 80/20 paleo guy - I love beer too much, but minimal other gluten and carbs, some rice/potatos post-workout

I do however believe in eating "quality" nutrients, organic n all natural shit rather than just focusing on macros, so if I cheat it will be like an organic flatbread pizza or something

marksdailyapple.com is my favorite source paleo/primal source

power snatch, how do i do it? I looked at some youtube videos online recently but I still feel iffy about it.

Power snatch is pretty tough to explain in words. Though I prefer squat snatch, I think the best way to start power snatching is to work on power cleans. By doing so, you'll get the timing of the explosion a little better.

Also, practice with just the bar if you're not perfectly clear on how to do it.

Power snatch is pretty tough to explain in words. Though I prefer squat snatch, I think the best way to start power snatching is to work on power cleans. By doing so, you'll get the timing of the explosion a little better.

Also, practice with just the bar if you're not perfectly clear on how to do it.

any good videos you recommend online that goes over how to do a power clean? i practiced a bit today at the gym with just the bar only, i still feel like im doing it wrong though.

For the past couple of weeks (about three times a week) i've been lifting about :

w7zvww.jpg

The plus '+' sign means assisted.... Im 178cm tall(5'11") and 62 kilos heavy

A protein shake after every training

I'm focusing on upperbody because my floorball training takes care of my legs pretty well

I'm new to bodybuilding, Used to be really fat and cut that down... The confidence boost was enough for me to be happy being thin for a year, but there've been too many "You're too skinny"'s lately, so i copied my cousin's routine(adjusted for weight) and he's pretty ripped.... Am I doing it right?

I agree with Chariy. Especially at your weight of 135lbs and 5'11.

I suggest moving away from all those isolated movements like tricep extension and doing lots of compound work.

You're doing bench now, which is good, but I think you should squat frequently. If you haven't gotten the squat form down yet, leg press would even be okay.

Also, stop doing bicep curls. If you stay steady with pullups and lat pull downs, your bis will fill out.