What are you grilling/BBQing today?

Phyziks

Summer is here, and I know a lot of people enjoy the smokey taste of good BBQ, with a cold beer on the side. I got the idea to make this from Kunk's "Where do you get money to buy your clothes" thread. So, if you have any special BBQ sauce or marinade recipes, feel free to post up all of your grilling secrets!

Kunk is on some next level BBQ shit. I love to buy a fresh New York strip loin, cook it most of the way, and throw some Montreal spices on there Then when it's near done, hit it up with some roasted garlic and honey sauce mixed with Frank's Red Hot. I'm mad lazy and haven't delved to deep in marinades yet, but I do plan on it soon.

Kunk is on some next level BBQ shit. I love to buy a fresh New York strip loin, cook it most of the way, and throw some Montreal spices on there Then when it's near done, hit it up with some roasted garlic and honey sauce mixed with Frank's Red Hot. I'm mad lazy and haven't delved to deep in marinades yet, but I do plan on it soon.

Skip the ny strip and go with a hanger, its a fairly cheap cut cus it looks like a big vagina but it tastes great.

skirt steak/diaphragm/hangar is a good suggestion and will take a marinade in 20-30 minutes.

try:

1 lb skirt steak/hangar steak

2 tspn oregano

2 tbpn red wine vinegar

3 tbspn olive oil

1 tspn of a good coarse mustard

you will not be disappointed.

i grilled some steaks last night, i think we got delmonicos. all i use is salt, pepper, and some garlic, then when i flip em over on the grill i put a little butter on them. i guess it's a yankee thing, my grandma taught us to do it and i love it.

The last thing we grilled are some Tilapia....

A lil tip from me, don't add salt when you marinade add it before you grill whatever. Adding salt at the last moment dosen't make the meat though and rubery.

The last thing we grilled are some Tilapia....

A lil tip from me, don't add salt when you marinade add it before you grill whatever. Adding salt at the last moment dosen't make the meat though and rubery.

thats because when you add salt during the marination stage, it absorbs the moisture out of the meats, and slowly dehydrates the meat when its left to marinate.

so yes, keep the salt away until you're about to cook.

looks good. i do find getting the shrimp to cooperate is tough sometimes (i.e., flipping the skewers for even grilling and such)

like to do jumbo shrimp/mango chunk/giant scallop/red onion, etc...

I marinate the shrimp/scallop in lime juice, sesame oil, crushed red pepper and garlic.

then i add a fruit salsa. even comes out good when you broil it in winter.

Man, I'm going to be BBQing all through winter too. I already BBQed during a huge thunderstorm, so snow can't be much worse. That's thinking ahead though; summer is just starting and so has the grilling.