This guy on the train asked me to turn my headphones down

So I'm listening to my iRiver on the train today and I feel someone tap on my shoulder, I take out one earbud and ask the man 'what's up?' and he's like, 'could you please turn your music down, i can hear it." WTF?

There weren't that many people on so I don't know if it was quiet or what, but the train makes a lot of noise anyway. I'm very timid so I didn't say anything back, but then 2 other people started arguing with the man, and this rockabilly chick told me, 'dude, dont turn your music down." I appreciated that shit.

So knowing I had some backup in the joint, I finally asked the man if it was because he simply disliked my taste in music (I was listening to some early Genesis) or if it was just the noise, and he told me that it was the music. I said screw that and went back to enjoying my choons at the initial volume. We even got off at the same stop and I thought he was going to beat my ass. This guy looked like Greg Kinnear if you need a visual.

How would you have handled this situation?

terrible thread. I would of turned my fucking music down. show some respect you cunt.

darkanimal and keagan...politeness...is this what's cool these days? is that what's goin on in the hood today? IS THAT LIVING THUG LIFE? YOU TELL THE MOTHERFUCKER THAT I AM BLASTING [early] GENESIS AND I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHO DOESNT LIKE IT MOTHERFUCKER

In my reality... Yes! I don't know about other people's world tho.

In these situations its always best to stand up and pronounce "Genesis and Phil motherfucking Collins is how I get down", then pull a back spin or something equally cool as shit.

Wear industrial ear defenders over those shits. Big fucking red or blue ones. Eveyone will think you look like a tool, but no one is ever gonna enquire about your questionable music taste or complain about the volume you play it at.

You should have just turned your music down you selfish fuck... I hate hearing music through other peoples head phones, you are as bad as chav kids on UK transport listening to their music on mobile phone speakers, it's personal audio so keep it personal...
this is the bain of my life.

I discussed this issue with Begs once and he came up with a great idea.

rixtubeticketpy1lz2.jpg

DUM, thank you for that video, that turned my shitty day around.