The Mall Electro Thread

broneck

it happens with every breakout genre, and apparently the newest wave of house and electro is nothing sacred...soon enough we'll see shit like this popping up all over radio stations and MTV, and there will be fucking horrid crap like Woodhands opening up for decent acts, complete with 15 year old chicks who are retiring from emo and moving on to electro.

Nfh_NzpF5T0

Hopefully this band's bus crashes off an overpass and we're all spared.

Then of course, when I was thinking we were scraping the bottom of the barrel, some dancepunk douchebag comes out with this gem, delivering what i don't think would be a stretch to call the worst fucking lyrics I have ever heard, ever.

q_27Aig4kD4&feature=related

Great, you've taken a drunken newfie sailor song and turned it into a dramatic electronic song.

Oh yeah, USS stands for "ubiquitous synergy seeker."

Anyone else?

I'm certainly well aware that justice has been in toyota commericals for a while now, and guidos run rampant at nu-rave shows, I'm talking more about the influx of these shitty new mainstream house kicks... there's a difference between good electronic music being used for mainstream purposes and the bastardization of the genre/proliferation of shitty mall music

(dj - it's hard to be ahead of the curve when your topic of discussion is the fat end ... :P )

the mainstream STARTED to pick up on it like a year ago but the saturation point has just been hit, or we are at least very quickly approaching it. either way a lot of the electro coming out now is boring but i will never just flat out drop the genre.

Anyone that has followed electronic music for a few years has no doubt noticed that after a while, every genre falls victim to... bastardisation. When a genre is about to turn to shit, it's Trance that finds its way into said genre.

Electro has become the mainstream sound. The basslines can be found everywhere, but now, trancy arpeggiated sounds can be found in electro as well.

There is still some good stuff out there, but as a DJ, i gotta sift through pages of shit on online stores.

Guest jmatsu

who cares? this thread is obviously a futile appeal for scenester points. an attempt in claiming "middle school-cool." just don't see the point. nobody on sufu was really crying/shitting their diapers when dangermouse produced the rapture, but even that kind of argument would have been more interesting/embarassingly-entertaining/dignified.

i guess clopek is angry about electro-whatever being on mtv, used in commercials or in the mall. the electro genre is commodified (AGAIN) and clopeks decided to start a thread about it. gee thanks...

do you read things? do you? you're fucking stupid, sit this round out champ.

i'm not worried about justice or what-have-you being played on MTV, in fact I embrace good music being played on maintsream radio and television because it means i've got good shit to listen to on the way to work...what i'm not a huge fan of is the shitty, shitty music that is spawned as a result of the popularization of the genre (what linkin park is to metal, woodhands is to electro...does that make sense?)

so please, watch the videos, and have a laugh.

ALSO, please feel further to contribute further sad-sack attempts at new electronic music.

it happens with every breakout genre, and apparently the newest wave of house and electro is nothing sacred...soon enough we'll see shit like this popping up all over radio stations and MTV, and there will be fucking horrid crap like Woodhands opening up for decent acts, complete with 15 year old chicks who are retiring from emo and moving on to electro.

This shit happened a loooooong time ago.

I'm glad that I never liked this kind of music. I'm twice as glad that I've never heard "Woodhands."

i'm not worried about justice or what-have-you being played on MTV, in fact I embrace good music being played on maintsream radio and television because it means i've got good shit to listen to on the way to work...what i'm not a huge fan of is the shitty, shitty music that is spawned as a result of the popularization of the genre (what linkin park is to metal, woodhands is to electro...does that make sense?)

ALSO, please feel further to contribute further sad-sack attempts at new electronic music.

SHut the fuck up. Justice isn't "electro". You don't know electro man.

Justice is new school french house. You're the one "destroying" the genre by pigeonholing shit like woodhands, and the above mentioned as "electro".\

And the fact that you mentioned a below the radar band like woodhands to sound like to know what you're talking about just furthers the fact that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

edit;

pretty basic examples of 'real' new school electro

for readers of this thread, justice is a common example of popular electronic music, and as such is the example i've chosen to use for the purposes of the thread.

please avoid becoming one of those scene kids from 2004 who would always say shit like "you don't even know, its not emo, its nu post hardcore ambient acoustic."

note to noobs: jmatsu starred in "goatse"

Guest jmatsu

keagan beat me 2 it. clopek you don't know shit.

note to noobs: don't listen to clopek about music, cause he don't know what the fuck he's talking about. he just pretends 2.

for readers of this thread, justice is a common example of popular electronic music, and as such is the example i've chosen to use for the purposes of the thread.

please avoid becoming one of those scene kids from 2004 who would always say shit like "you don't even know, its not emo, its nu post hardcore ambient acoustic."

those kids were probably right.

If someone called slint emo, wouldn't you back up your shit and say no, they're actually post-rock, because they are?

to most untrained ears everything with an acoustic guitar and melancholy lyrics is "emo"

to most untrained ears a tune with some basic sawtooth synths and an drummachine is "electro"

SHut the fuck up. Justice isn't "electro". You don't know electro man.

Justice is new school french house. You're the one "destroying" the genre by pigeonholing shit like woodhands, and the above mentioned as "electro".\

And the fact that you mentioned a below the radar band like woodhands to sound like to know what you're talking about just furthers the fact that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

edit;

pretty basic examples of 'real' new school electro

Seconding this. I fucking hate it when people refer to Justice and all that other shit as "electro". I for one am glad that it's "mall music" now so that you can feel stupid for liking it in the first place.

Very basic examples indeed, but yeah, they're on point.

Guest jmatsu

^clopek, you always use this same fucking excuse when various members call you on your stupid shit. "it was a joke...i was trying to make a funnny, etc."

uuuhhhh....linus loves tracks are used in commercials! boo fucking hoo.

perhaps i should've just said "dont take this so seriously"

look at the bitch dance, listen to the sailor song.

THEN STop typing like you're some kind of english major. Remember when you used to type like you where on 4 chan?

then people started making fun of your fucking neck and then you came back and started posting in the fucking fragrance thread using really big, vomit inducing, words and shit?

I bet you do man

Also I really dig that honda commercial or whatever with the fisherspooner track

I like car commericals, just because a tune is in a car commerical doesn't make it

"mainstream" it just proves that it's fucking awesome